The new Mega Oversize cab pack from ML Sound Lab is insane!

Cobrango

Power User
Just played it today after having purchased it, and it sounds SO good. Highly recommend it, I've been hunting V30 IR's online since I bought the axe-fx II alomst, and I've tried so many it's crazy. I've been in contact with Mikko for a long time and we even discussed this exact cab, then suddenly out of the blue there's a cab pack out from this cab! I was so excited, It was a dream come true, I knew I could never get my hands on a cab like this, but here it is.

I'm not in any way affiliated (is that the right term?) or getting anything from saying this, it's just my personal unbiased opinion, well I guess biased as far as I think Mikko seems like a great guy and I love his former products, but for me this is a nugget of a cab pack. It's what I've been searching for SO long in a V30.

I just wanted to share this because I'm so excited and motivated to up my practice from hearing this cab pack.

I have to come back for a review I guess, but just try it. I just tested it today with dead strings, and it was breathing fresh air into everything. I can only imagine how great this will sound with new strings, wow.
There's some magic going on with this one, and it's stated in the readme. not that it's magic, but what's going on.

Hope you all enjoy this cab pack, I am!

I'm curious how this compares to the ML USA Djent pack. Both are oversized 4x12s, one slant, one straight. The demo clips I can find sound awesome, of course all of the ML demos sound awesome :smile:

I'm curious how this compares to the ML USA Djent pack. Both are oversized 4x12s, one slant, one straight. The demo clips I can find sound awesome, of course all of the ML demos sound awesome :smile:
I'm interested in this as well, as I use the Djent pack extensively, but pretty often get frustrated with how the mids sound in it.

I've been waiting for some.wav versions of your IR work for a while now but due to owning a Kemper, a load box and an FX-8 the Fractal only packs were of no use to me.

I've got to say this pack is great, the "hype" or reputation for making quality IR's is definitly warranted.

Good work.

Last edited:
I have no idea how I missed this thread but I'm here now. :) Yes the feedback has been overwhelmingly great and as always I'm aiming to create my best work with every pack. If you did get the Fractal Audio greatest hits pack it had the "Mikko's cab" in it. That's actually a single SM57 IR shot from this very same cabinet. We also released a "based on Marshall" cab that's most likely my favorite British cab. For more info go check out: www.ml-sound-lab.com

Back
Top Bottom