The new HBE...

Man, I love learning little tid-bits like this about the amp modeled. Without this thread, I never would have known the old HBE was an early (possible) prototype and that there were revisions to the HBE.

I still haven't updated past quantum 1, so I haven't tried the new HBE yet, but I always liked the old one. I agree with what someone else said earlier, the HBE was one of the first models that really blew me away when I first bought the unit. Instant modern metal tones with basically no tweaking needed.

Ya, that makes a large difference for sure. Although the previous version didn't have any trouble with it. I generally like the bright switch on on most amps as I find it gets things more articulate. Also, other amps do not present this same whistle regardless of master volume or bright switch. It's important to note that the whistle is NOT feedback from the guitar or speakers. I can have my speakers entirely off and record the same sound. If it's something to do with the topology of the amp and can't be remedied, I'll be a little bummed out. Otherwise I wouldn't continue this thread. haha
It may or may not work for you, but I use the Bright knob to add articulation to some of the darker amps. It's a little more focused than turning on the Bright switch, which can add a lot of gain depending on the amp type. Usually somewhere between 1.5 and 2.0, but let your ears be your guide.

I've added the old model back for Q3.00.
Posted on April 1st...

I hope I won't need to break out the gold sharpie too many times... Running out of real estate:
mqqqGFY3KrQU-K1R-WlyVq6DasDBk0Hk2_lA0tQBHrI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom