The new firm + new OwnHammer .... just perfect!

I checked this last night. The character of the II + Ownhammer + RCF in the room sounds incredible. I'm actually very happy he used a camcorder (iPhone?) because everything sounds great recorded direct, but this really SOUNDS like an LP through a hot rodded Marshall style amp! I am sold on the RCF, I believe it has to be the last piece of the puzzle for me... I mean I'm hearing the knock and woodiness of the LP, the highs sound REAL and no PA-y, the lows are tight and visceral, not overly boomy like my EV112XP can get.
I have not had time to test the Santiago stuff, I'm hoping it is close to these new OH's because I only have the V30 demo Javi is using in this video, I need more diversity for an upcoming gig this weekend. Can't wait until more OH V2's have been released! Oh, great playing BTW!

I use the ownhammer WF sm57 position 9 in all of my sounds now, never in my life I have been so happy with my sound live.

edit - the santiago IRs seem to have a very distinct sound that I haven't been able to use

I use the ownhammer WF sm57 position 9 in all of my sounds now, never in my life I have been so happy with my sound live.

edit - the santiago IRs seem to have a very distinct sound that I haven't been able to use

I need to find this one in the pack and test ASAP. Do you use that IR as your only cab or do you mix and match with another type of IR?

Now that I think of it I use that one for 90% of my sounds exclusively. When I need to brighten things a bit I use a stereo cab and mix a bit of a closer to the speaker position. I think its position 6. (allways the warm and fat "WF" versions)

This and my strat plays beautifully at gig volumes, warm fat and no harshness at all! I use a verve 12ma

edit - I'm using the public beta from ownhammer, I have purchased the "Tier 2 IRs" and I'm waiting for the final release.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom