The new FC-9 controller spotted...

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Just doing a little rough cardboard mock up to see how it feels under foot, but I call it, the FC9 lol

Just three external stand in switches, which will go into a little folded metal box matching the contours of the FC, and then the FC end cap stuck back on. Basically gives 50% more control and adds less than 2” width.

Found some cool LED switch ring lights as well so I can color code each switch for scene, presets, effects etc layout selection.

Considering doing it as a row across the instead too... not sure what would feel better under foot? Did a mock up with 4 switches as well, but then it’s getting nearly the size of the Fc12

Doesn’t look like much now but after it’s shaped, painted, and wired fully up, I think it will look pretty sweet!

D4C00BAE-631D-4876-B611-66E6F93DCEE6.jpeg

Nice! Will you post some details on how you make the LED's get their color change signal? I think I can imagine how to wire the stand in switch functionality.... I'm assuming you will be utilizing them that way. Any prompts on how we may copy your idea will be most appreciated!

In fact Fractal should copy it and offer a kit with wiring harness included! There is just too much improvement in having 4 stand in switches always right there in such a small increase of space/weight to not do this!

Nice! Will you post some details on how you make the LED's get their color change signal? I think I can imagine how to wire the stand in switch functionality.... I'm assuming you will be utilizing them that way. Any prompts on how we may copy your idea will be most appreciated!

In fact Fractal should copy it and offer a kit with wiring harness included! There is just too much improvement in having 4 stand in switches always right there in such a small increase of space/weight to not do this!

The led rings I found don’t change color, just solid green, red, blue etc. they cost like $2.99 each so nothing fancy really I’m afraid.

I think it will still be nice to visually associate each switch with a color though, jist like on the FC’s, so red equals scenes, green presets etc

That way, when I want scene layout I hit the red switch and get 6 scenes, green switch for presets, etc

Now I’m curious about making a little external 4 switch box, which I would love to get a spare set of FC side caps for, and with two vertically mounted expression pots, using some big 2” or so diameter knobs, for kind of a “toe roller” thing, for things like reverb mix etc.... basically one the fly adjustment without bending over, yet saving lots of space over two exp pedals.....

Kind of a cool design I think, 4 extra switches, 2 extra exp controllers, all in a little self contained box.....

I’ll tell ya all, I can never get around to building my ideas because I can’t stop thinking up new ones lol

EEFE05CC-8F96-48B8-8CBF-4886CD0B7422.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom