The New Dune Movie Trailer…

There's already more to enjoy in this 3 minute trailer than in the entire 1984 debacle. Looking forward to it!

I’m a huge Lynch fan, and felt there was much to like about his realization of Dune. (I could have done without Toto – YMMV.)

A lot of things – total budget, and time constraints – were out of his hands. But that Lynchian vision was evident throughout, and I loved it for that.

I have a lot of respect for Villeneuve, as well … this will probably the first film that gets me in a theater, despite COVID.

I loved the books. At least the first three were good. but too short IMO. The original movie was fine. A little heavy on the brooding shot aesthetic. They did get some things pretty cool though like the personal shields they all used. And the guild navigators.

I'll watch this one. I don't demand much of it. I know the stories so I'm just here to see them put some visuals to the stories I love.

The 2020 trailer used an awesome cover of Eclipse from Hans Zimmer that I thought fit the scenery better than this official trailer.

File under "how did I miss this was coming?"

I love the first three books as well. The later books were fun but silly. The stuff his son put out was execrable and I regret reading any of it.

Lynch's movie was awesome. I think the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was turning the weirding way into voice modules. Dune, not The Hobbit, deserved to be broken into three awesome movies released a year apart. I'd wait for that. The Baron's sores, and him pulling that poor guy's heart-plug stick with me to this day. Not ragging on The Hobbit, just sayin' the story should have been split at the discovery of Smaug's Lair and two movies would have been plenty for that story. But they had to try too hard to make it the LoTR prequel it sorta isn't/sorta is, and had to milk the fans all over again.

Blade Runner (any cut but the Theatrical release) is the movie I would blurt out if you asked me "What's your favorite movie, ever?" I was mixed in my reaction to 2049, but it was positive overall and the visuals were fantastic. Digital Sean Young looked incredible, as well (checking to make sure I had her name correct, I was reminded she was also in Dune, how could I forget? O right, I'm about to turn 50.)

I liked Arrival as well, so between Villeneuve and this amazing cast I'm stoked. Judging from how COVID is surging today I'll probably watch this on HBO Max at home. The trailer really grabbed me. I hope it's a long movie that really evokes the original settings and characters from the source material better than previous attempts (the TV mini-series was very faithful to the book and it was prety good on its merits, but it was a Sci-Fi Channel movie so, yeah, could've been better.)

And to think I learned about it at the FAS Forums. So cool.

Psyched for this, it's one of my all time favorite books. I thought Lynch's movie had some good parts, but overall was meh and way too short for something with as much depth as Dune. I liked the miniseries a lot more, although yea it could've been way better.

My only concern is if they don't give the go for the 2nd half of it...

Psyched for this, it's one of my all time favorite books. I thought Lynch's movie had some good parts, but overall was meh and way too short for something with as much depth as Dune. I liked the miniseries a lot more, although yea it could've been way better.

My only concern is if they don't give the go for the 2nd half of it...
I’m really hoping the first one goes well enough to get the second half. It seems like there is a decent back and forth as to whether the second part will actually get made.

But this first half movie will hopefully be great! It looks visually good and the cast is promising!

This trailer was far too long. Pretty much the whole damn movie. That was a synopsis.

I hate when they do that. Thy showed off all the visual effects eye candy and now there's not going to be any suprises in that department. We already know how the story is supposed to go so there's no real surprises there, either.

Still gonna see it.

There's already more to enjoy in this 3 minute trailer than in the entire 1984 debacle. Looking forward to it!

For its time it was okay. And Lynch's art direction was quite good, especially the costumes, which have heavily influenced Villeneuve. Lynch just got f***ed by DeLaurentis who cut his movie to shreds. There's a fan edit that you can get on the High Seas that restores a lot that was cut out back into the movie and it makes a good movie.

Oh, it's youtube too! Download it while its still up!

I’m a huge Lynch fan, and felt there was much to like about his realization of Dune. (I could have done without Toto – YMMV.)

A lot of things – total budget, and time constraints – were out of his hands. But that Lynchian vision was evident throughout, and I loved it for that.

I have a lot of respect for Villeneuve, as well … this will probably the first film that gets me in a theater, despite COVID.

The guys from Midnight's Edge have been vouching heavily for this movie when its release was imminent before the beer bug, and they kept saying this movie wasn't going to be woke. And they LOATH woke movies. So I reckon the movie might be enjoyable. Thing is though, they only filmed the 1st half, not the 2nd. No back to back filming like Peter Jackson did with LOTR and The Hobbit. It remains to be seen that we will ever get the 2nd half because of studio shenanigans. When AT&T took over Warner Brothers they banked heavily on the HBO-Max streaming service, and they wanted to dump all of WB's impending movies to that service right away to draw in subscribers. And they were also the ones who made the Snyder Cut possible. despite Hollywood insisting it didn't exist. Villeneuve didn't take kindly to seeing his movie dumped on HBO-Max, nor did Nolan who left WB altogether. Villeneuve might not even want to make the 2nd part with this studio anymore, and he can't make it with another.

This trailer was far too long. Pretty much the whole damn movie. That was a synopsis.

I hate when they do that. Thy showed off all the visual effects eye candy and now there's not going to be any suprises in that department. We already know how the story is supposed to go so there's no real surprises there, either.

Still gonna see it.
I haven't watched the Dune trailers, even though I already know the story. Like you said, most of them show a 2 minute spoiler of everything except the final decisive moment. What happened to giving a good setup of what the story will be about? There's almost no suspense when you already know the plot highlights, surprise cameos, etc.

People are too interested in finding out every little thing about their favorite show or movie before they even see it... then complain when it isn't as exciting as they want it to be. Hmmm...

Oof! That business stuff reminds me of the limbo the poor Star Trek reboot series is in (unless there has been a break in the logjam I haven't read about.)

I ought to get around to watching Snyder's cut as well. Zack will always have a place in my heart as the guy who did a legitimately good-faith effort to recreate Watchmen and I personally think the minor changes to the plot
especially painting Manhattan as the bad guy instead of the fake killer space alien
actually helped tighten the story a bit. Despite the number of folks who hate it, it works for me (in the way I forgive Peter Jackson for changes made to LoTR, where I think I miss The Scouring of The Shire the most.)

I have a couple versions of the extended Dune "releases" on my PC but I haven't taken the time to watch one. That's only because at any given time I have many times more media I'd like to consume than time to get started, much less finish most stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom