AustinBuddy Naked Amps Tone Pack (still) Rules! ... New Website up...FM3...coming soon(ish)

I want to thank Austin for taking the time today to try to help me trouble shoot a high pitch noise I am getting from some of these presets. They sound amazing and I can't wait to use them. I wanted to see if anyone else was getting this high pitch noise possibly out there at all.

I have tried isolating the pedal and plugging direct and it doesn't happen. However when I plug in EV pedal and run to some of my presets the noise does not happen.

If anyone has any suggestions or know what it could be please let me know. Would love to get it all figured out. These things sound great!!

Got it. It was the EV pedal cable causing some issues and can only be used as either expression or analog vol. I made a mistake.

Thank you Buddy Austin again for the help and support earlier. Go get these presets don't think just do it. They are game changers and sound incredible.

Got it. It was the EV pedal cable causing some issues and can only be used as either expression or analog vol. I made a mistake.

Thank you Buddy Austin again for the help and support earlier. Go get these presets don't think just do it. They are game changers and sound incredible.

Glad you got it sorted out amigo! Your playing sure sounded good while we were isolating the issue to the pedal, enjoyed it!

Last edited:
Have helped a handful of people (3 or 4) out who bought the 700+ Naked Amp TonePack presets saying that they thought the preset levels were set too "low" for them, compared to their own presets...

So tonight I played multiple Fractal Factory Amp presets, and lo and behold, watching on my console, the factory presets consistently came up right in the range I dialed all the Naked Amp TonePacks to, up to -9 and averaging at -12db there ...so that should reassure some folks.

There is an art to leveling presets right, and I hope to do a video on it soon to help. Just first finishing up a new Cab Pack (coming soon) of some vintage gems in the BlackFace and Tweed realm....

Last edited:
...the factory presets consistently came up right in the range I dialed all the Naked Amp TonePacks to, up to -9 and averaging at -12db there...
I can verify that. Levels hover around 0 VU on Fractal's meters, same as the factory presets (and same as my own—how convenient :)). And yes, there is an art to leveling presets. That video would be a great service.

As Buddy has said, he designed these for anybody owning an FAS unit...IMO, it is less oriented to metal/hard rock than many other 3rd party packs, but there are high gain presets to be had here, but the real beauty of thi pack is how well they represent each and every amp, including the high gain ones, with a well matched stock speaker combination and the way buddy has tweaked them make them a perfect base for building your own sounds, and you've been around long enough to know what works for you.
Might be a stupid question, but, If I am primarily a Hard Rock and Metal player, are these presets for me?

Decided to pull the trigger on these. Hoping to try them out today, if not I am off work all week, so I should have plenty of time to audition them. Will report back with my impressions for use in a hard rock/metal context.

Yes; I wasn't driven by specific genres overall in making this TonePack, but certain amps lend themselves to genres.

For players that like metal primarily the Modern Amp bank is the place to start, but don't overlook the Cleans-Only either.

If you are looking for Djent kinds of sounds with the Modern amps, play with/raise the noise gate settings to get the "chop."

Oh, and for the Mesa Boogie amps like Rectifiers and Mark IIs, there is a graphic EQ smile curve in there amp block already that you can further tweak to taste, and Scene 2 has the FAT switch set to "on."

I have no doubt you'll find great metal sounds in here. I like the Diezel models, Das Metal and ENGL, the Uberschall, and the Dual Rectifiers. The FAS Moderns are pretty great as well.

Curious. Does anyone know if redwirez are now available for the axe fx as hi res, or if there is a way to convert them. I watched the vid Austin Buddy did on hendrix London tone. Since he referenced Redwirez, and I own a bunch of them, it got me thinking about making my own mixes, and was shocked to realize my own ignorance! I purchased the big box a long time ago. I was assuming there would be via cab lab, but haven't ever owned cab lab yet.

I purchased Cab Lab 3 and wait diligently for the activation code... ... ... ... ... ... (no code yet - I guess the Fractal Code Elfs are in bed. )

I've got the Naked Amps pack; wow, lots of work went into this. Best Gilmore preset I've heard yet. Also a great Eric Johnson preset in here.

Curious, Is there a NoBrownM&Ms preset?

Last edited:
Curious. Does anyone know if redwirez are now available for the axe fx as hi res, or if there is a way to convert them. I watched the vid Austin Buddy did on hendrix London tone. Since he referenced Redwirez, and I own a bunch of them, it got me thinking about making my own mixes, and was shocked to realize my own ignorance! I purchased the big box a long time ago. I was assuming there would be via cab lab, but haven't ever owned cab lab yet.

I purchased Cab Lab 3 and wait diligently for the activation code... ... ... ... ... ... (no code yet - I guess the Fractal Code Elfs are in bed. )

I've got the Naked Amps pack; wow, lots of work went into this. Best Gilmore preset I've heard yet. Also a great Eric Johnson preset in here.

Curious, Is there a NoBrownM&Ms preset?

Hi jesussaddle...there should be a "NoBrownM&Ms" preset in the bonus TonePack that comes with the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack. And if you check out the Naked Amps Vintage bank's Brown Marshall plexi preset, I snuck some EVH effects in there too you can turn on -- " a few easter eggs."

Honestly, was not pushing the bonus artist-type presets for this TonePack; just did them as sounds I designed and personally like, and threw them in purely as a "bonus." This pack is really focused on the "naked amps" -- and not trying to get a specific artist sound. Mostly hoping it helps Fractal lovers like YOU find a amp sound you love that may become YOUR signature tone - -because this box really is the most amazing thing since Leo Fender invented the Tweed amp!

This weekend I've already improved on that EJ-style preset, playing around with his clean, rhythm, and lead tones for fun on my end. If I get them truly spot-on (which could take work - I'm working off both live albums as reference, and his tone changes from each) I'll probably do a preset thread on it and post to Axe-Change later this month.

You will dig Cab Lab 3. There is an art to mixing IRs but it is very satisfying -- the Cab really is half the amp sound, the "mega-EQ filter", if you will.

Last edited:
Hi jesussaddle...there should be a "NoBrownM&Ms" preset in the bonus TonePack that comes with the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack. And if you check out the Naked Amps Vintage bank's Brown Marshall plexi preset, I snuck some EVH effects in there too you can turn on -- " a few easter eggs."

Honestly, was not pushing the bonus artist-type presets for this TonePack; just did them as sounds I designed and personally like, and threw them in purely as a "bonus." This pack is really focused on the "naked amps" -- and not trying to get a specific artist sound. Mostly hoping it helps Fractal lovers like YOU find a amp sound you love that may become YOUR signature tone - -because this box really is the most amazing thing since Leo Fender invited the Tweed amp!

This weekend I've already improved on that EJ-style preset, playing around with his clean, rhythm, and lead tones for fun on my end. If I get them truly spot-on (which could take work - I'm working off both live albums as reference, and his tone changes from each) I'll probably do a preset thread on it and post to Axe-Change later this month.

You will dig Cab Lab 3. There is an art to mixing IRs but it is very satisfying -- the Cab really is half the amp sound, the "mega-EQ filter", if you will.

Love that EJ preset, can't wait to see what you have done to improve it! Your presets have really held us over between firmware releases. I think they will also be used to judge the improvements of new firmware releases going foreword. "Have you heard the naked presets on firmware XX?!". I actually wonder if FAS will use them for comparison at this point since the community's response has been so positive...

So, just got home after a weekend away. The file's been sat in my Mac waiting to go into the AX8, and after unpacking despite being knackered after a long drive and a busy weekend I thought I'd give the Blues rock package a try.

Safe to say I'm VERY MUCH awake now!

Told the missus to cancel all my plans for at least the rest of the year as I'm into the cleans now and I gotta prioritise going through the rest of these patches!
This stuff is the dogs danglies, I'm so happy I had a little sex wee, these presets are THAT good.
Just great little subtleties that AustinBuddy has really brought out in each amp, it's too good, there's too much choice!

When you get a great piece of equipment, be it a car, or a guitar or our beloved Fractals, to get the most out of them you need someone who knows what they're doing to set them up properly.
All the best modeller users have demonstrated that fact to me and this package is clearly AustinBuddy enabling us lot to take advantage of his knowledge and hard work, and even though this is very early days I'm sure I'm going to get an awful lot from these patches

This isn't meant to blow smoke up his a##, I'm just really pleased with what I'm hearing and it's very inspiring

One resource this pack represents to me is an alternative suggestion to the cab in each of the Fractal stock amp presets. That alone should be worth the price.

BTW, even though I don't have a strat I recognize that the Hendrix tones in the bonus pack are mighty good. No doubt also the pack is a great resource when in the studio to notice little distinctions in the amps to better choose them. I can't imagine how long it took to acquire the knowledge to do this.

Especially in relation to such a fine preset pack, it would be great to be able to save and load a pair amp & cab blocks (in series and neighboring on the current row.) I wonder if that makes sense to anyone else - its daunting to try and remember the good combinations, and the ability to save it as a "block pair" just makes sense to me.

And this tone pack sort of does that manually for me. If I create a folder for each pair, and save the amp and cab blocks to it.

Back
Top Bottom