AustinBuddy Naked Amps Tone Pack (still) Rules! ... New Website up...FM3...coming soon(ish)

I`m looking forward to the FM3 goodness as well. Hoping we see great tone pack love for the Marshalls, Boogies and Trainwrecks. ;p

Last edited:
I'll second that!
Thanks Pauly

Longtime fractal fanatic and content creator @austinbuddy , a modest but very talented fella, quietly released this week what I believe may be one of the most important 3rd party releases in FAS history on his new website www.austinbuddy.com , his Naked Amps pack, which is just that, very little fancy--schmancy
Routings or FX chains, just , to my ears, the finest sounding amp/cab combinations , well balanced for volume and as clear and present as any presets I have heard using exclusively (for the most part) stock IRs and I do believe that just about every amp is represented....seems to me this set is a missing link that any Fractal owner could benefit much from.
EDIT 7/14/18. THE AXEFX III VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR PURCHASE AT A DISCOUNT FOR OWNERS OF THE PREVIOUS PAK..
ALL NEWLY DESIGNED AND SOUNDING AMAZING....CHECK IT OUT....
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...k-for-the-axe-fx-iii-is-now-available.140757/

Hey guys...just wanted to let anyone who hasn't bought the 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack yet for the Axe-Fx II or XL/XL+ that I plan to put the 1000+ Dream Rigs on sale for $79 soon for July. I'll post here once my webmaster gets it all set up and "live."

If you own an FM3, be aware I'm getting ready to do a release on a "Live Gold" Tonepack for it soon as well, with an introductory sale too. The 1000+ "Live Gold" for FM3 is my best efforts and getting live gig-ready sounds to give to a real "amp on stage" feeling, so it's like Dream Rigs but improved and uses the FM3 preset/8 scene layout. I'll post more details soon.

I`ll be buying that for the FM3. hehhhe And I bet I`ll still be waiting for my FM3 Invite. Figures eh? ;p Lord hates a coward.

Most interested in the Boogies, Marshalls.... and Trainwrecks. But will definately peruse the rest of the AustinBuddy Amp goodness. ;p

If you haven't gotten this TonePack yet, know that the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+ 1000+ Dream Rigs Tonepack is now on sale throughout July 2020 for $79! Sale ends July 31st.

Just a head's up -- just sent out an email 2020 Summer Update newsletter to everyone on my subscriber list that comprehensively covers a lot of stuff.

I send these newsletter 2-3 times out just a year, tops. Most people not active on the forums rely on this notice about TonePack firmware updates, etc.

Just an FYI, feel free to unsubscribe if you don't want to get these.

Just a head's up -- just sent out an email 2020 Summer Update newsletter to everyone on my subscriber list that comprehensively covers a lot of stuff.

I send these newsletter 2-3 times out just a year, tops. Most people not active on the forums rely on this notice about TonePack firmware updates, etc.

Just an FYI, feel free to unsubscribe if you don't want to get these.
The

The Gold preset Pack is awesome. Way better then the 1400. The reason IMO is that they are more gig ready. I like the Clean Overdrive Rythm and Solo sences= perfection. Thanks!!!!!

Can I be running FRFR and hook my Black Star HT Club 40 in the clean channel to get a little more amp in the room sound all at the same time?

Can I be running FRFR and hook my Black Star HT Club 40 in the clean channel to get a little more amp in the room sound all at the same time?

Yes, you may need to use the GEQ before an Output to tweak it to the speaker/power amp you use though, since you aren't using the CAB IR.

If your amp has an Effects Loop use that (bypass the tone stack/input, just send it directly to the power tubes via the return. If you try to plug directly into an amp's input to play a preset from an Axe-Fx III/FM3, you hit the real amp's tone stack which is will warp it/shapes the signal (it's not flat, put it that way) and may mess up the sound...

Reactions: Rex
Yes, you may need to use the GEQ before an Output to tweak it to the speaker/power amp you use though, since you aren't using the CAB IR.

If your amp has an Effects Loop use that (bypass the tone stack/input, just send it directly to the power tubes via the return. If you try to plug directly into an amp's input to play a preset from an Axe-Fx III/FM3, you hit the real amp's tone stack which is will warp it/shapes the signal (it's not flat, put it that way) and may mess up the sound...
Better answer.

Back
Top Bottom