AustinBuddy Naked Amps Tone Pack (still) Rules! ... New Website up...FM3...coming soon(ish)

Each the modeled bass amps has a preset -- Amp, Mesa Boogie, Orange, Fractal. Two scenes each. Usually I put a fuzz on Scene 2 (because I can!). I also put an SVT bass amp preset I use for recording in the Bonus TonePack.

I have a few more in the Axe-III 1000+ pack that may get ported over for future updates to 700+ pack, we'll see. I'd like to do a nice bass-only pack at some point, but have things in front of that demanding my time at the moment...

Awesome. So in the docs, are the bass presets labeled?, or do you mean two scenes of each preset are bass presets?

Awesome. So in the docs, are the bass presets labeled?, or do you mean two scenes of each preset are bass presets?
Yes — the amp will say Fractal Bass, Orange Bass, Etc. Just word search “Bass” in Axe-Edit Preset-Manager and all bass presets will show up.

Just a heads up that, for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber-Monday sales weekend, the Axe-Fx 700+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Mark II and the Xl/XL+ goes on sale for $49 (regular price $59) starting Wednesday November 21 until Tuesday November 28 (day after Cyber-Monday).

The sale will end then and return to normal $59 pricing.

The sale is open to everyone (not just prior customers) and no coupon is needed.

I am using "days" as defined by my local time in US -- Austin, Texas Central Standard Time.

If you miss it, there will probably be another one week sale around Christmas.

Also, the Axe-Fx III 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack will go on sale during that same time period for $79.

Hi Gang:

As promised, have now produced a version of the new 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack for Axe-Fx XL and XL+ users.

The 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack is a more expanded version of Naked Amps. It is also geared towards playing live.

Here is a link to a .pdf document comparison of the differences between the the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack and the new Dream Rigs TonePack for the XL/XL+. I would strongly advise anyone looking at buying the Naked Amps Tonepack to look at the Dream Rigs version before you choose.

I've done some tutorial videos about using the TonePack aimed at AX8 but most everything translates to the Axe-Fx -- except that you will have to program foot controller switches in your MFC 101 or other foot controller to take full advantage of the pack.

It's also on sale as introductory price for $79 through January 7th, then will revert to normal $99 price.

Here's a link to the product page, it has the explanatory tutorial videos on it aimed at the AX8 but the concepts are the same for the Axe-Fx XL and XL+, just no foot switches built in and hardware setup sets are different.

There will be a Mark II version available sometime in early 2019 (Because I have to do cab substitutions in that one, takes time).

I'll start a new thread on the Dream Rigs TonePack for Axe-Fx here shortly.

• Dream-Rigs-square-XL-small.jpg

Last edited:
Is the Dream rig XL+ Compatible with the Mark 3 ? or will you be releasing a pack specifically

You mean the Axe-Fx III, right? No, there is no version for that yet - just the 1000+ Naked Amps for the Axe0-Fx III. Like a of you, I am waiting on getting an FC12 and FC-6 foot controller. I need those before I can begin to do a Dream Rigs specific version for the Axe-Fx III - but I do plan to do one, it will be later this year.

You mean the Axe-Fx III, right? No, there is no version for that yet - just the 1000+ Naked Amps for the Axe0-Fx III. Like a of you, I am waiting on getting an FC12 and FC-6 foot controller. I need those before I can begin to do a Dream Rigs specific version for the Axe-Fx III - but I do plan to do one, it will be later this year.
Yes sorry Axe -Fx III looking forward to them

I highly recommend this preset pack. They sound really good and a few little add ons and switching delay and reverb to your own taste. Here is a little clip from a session with friends using the `50s Tweed Deluxe preset from this preset pack. For the moment my favorit and fits almost genre of music styles....

Hey welcome back!
Pauly

I highly recommend this preset pack. They sound really good and a few little add ons and switching delay and reverb to your own taste. Here is a little clip from a session with friends using the `50s Tweed Deluxe preset from this preset pack. For the moment my favorit and fits almost genre of music styles....

Back
Top Bottom