1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

THE NEW AUSTINBUDDY NAKED AMPS TONE PACK RULES!!...the III version is here!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Preset Exchange' started by bradlake, Jul 20, 2017.

1. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

See you got it fixed yourself!

Enjoy!

Sine likes this.
  2. Sine

Sine
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Yep, all fine, thanks!

austinbuddy likes this.
  3. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Although this thread is for the Axe-Fx XL/XL+ and Mark II versions, I could not resist sharing Cooper Carter's awesome demo video featuring an example riff or song snippet using every amp channel modeled in the Axe-Fx III! So proud -- every preset uses a preset/scene from the AustinBuddy 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack!!! Cooper just added his own effects for a few of them.

Check it out here:

Cooper is running a contest until 9/4/2018 (which, as a reminder, is also when the "save20" check-out coupon discount to buy the 1000+ Axe-Fx III Naked Amps TonePack for previous 700+ TonePack purchasers runs out):

From Cooper: "If anyone can name ALL 263 riffs, they'll win a 30 minute Skype guitar or Axe-Fx lesson with me, a Fractal Audio swag pack, Ernie Ball gear pack, and a copy of @austinbuddy's 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack for either the Axe-Fx II or III, which I used to do this video (with a few fx added here and there to the naked amps).

We'll take answers until 9/4/18 at midnight, emailed to info [at] coopercarter.com."

reinhardtwj and bradlake like this.
  4. BillyZeppa

BillyZeppa
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Hi Austinbuddy. I have the 700+ pack for AFXII installed and the amps sounds great, thanks. Did you create any specific bass guitar presets and if so, are they documented, I haven't seen them identified yet in the documentation. Thanks.

5. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Each the modeled bass amps has a preset -- Amp, Mesa Boogie, Orange, Fractal. Two scenes each. Usually I put a fuzz on Scene 2 (because I can!). I also put an SVT bass amp preset I use for recording in the Bonus TonePack.

I have a few more in the Axe-III 1000+ pack that may get ported over for future updates to 700+ pack, we'll see. I'd like to do a nice bass-only pack at some point, but have things in front of that demanding my time at the moment...

6. BillyZeppa

BillyZeppa
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Awesome. So in the docs, are the bass presets labeled?, or do you mean two scenes of each preset are bass presets?

7. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Yes — the amp will say Fractal Bass, Orange Bass, Etc. Just word search “Bass” in Axe-Edit Preset-Manager and all bass presets will show up.

8. BillyZeppa

BillyZeppa
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Boom! haha! thanks, austinbuddy.

9. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Just a heads up that, for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber-Monday sales weekend, the Axe-Fx 700+ Naked Amps TonePack for the Mark II and the Xl/XL+ goes on sale for $49 (regular price $59) starting Wednesday November 21 until Tuesday November 28 (day after Cyber-Monday).

The sale will end then and return to normal $59 pricing.

The sale is open to everyone (not just prior customers) and no coupon is needed.

I am using "days" as defined by my local time in US -- Austin, Texas Central Standard Time.

If you miss it, there will probably be another one week sale around Christmas.

Also, the Axe-Fx III 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack will go on sale during that same time period for $79.

GuitarDojo likes this.
  10. GuitarDojo

GuitarDojo
    Expand Collapse

^hmmmmmmm :)

austinbuddy likes this.
  11. #311 austinbuddy, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Hi Gang:

As promised, have now produced a version of the new 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack for Axe-Fx XL and XL+ users.

The 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack is a more expanded version of Naked Amps. It is also geared towards playing live.

Here is a link to a .pdf document comparison of the differences between the the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack and the new Dream Rigs TonePack for the XL/XL+. I would strongly advise anyone looking at buying the Naked Amps Tonepack to look at the Dream Rigs version before you choose.

I've done some tutorial videos about using the TonePack aimed at AX8 but most everything translates to the Axe-Fx -- except that you will have to program foot controller switches in your MFC 101 or other foot controller to take full advantage of the pack.

It's also on sale as introductory price for $79 through January 7th, then will revert to normal $99 price.

Here's a link to the product page, it has the explanatory tutorial videos on it aimed at the AX8 but the concepts are the same for the Axe-Fx XL and XL+, just no foot switches built in and hardware setup sets are different.

There will be a Mark II version available sometime in early 2019 (Because I have to do cab substitutions in that one, takes time).

I'll start a new thread on the Dream Rigs TonePack for Axe-Fx here shortly.

• [​IMG]

nikk©, Rex and bradlake like this.
  12. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Hi - The 1000+ Dream Rigs made just for the Axe-Fx II Original or Mark II is now available here. It has some extra User Cab IRs included to cover those found in 133-189 in it's big brother XL/XL+ version.

It will be on sale for $79 until February 1, 2019.

[​IMG]

13. serge20261

serge20261
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Is the Dream rig XL+ Compatible with the Mark 3 ? or will you be releasing a pack specifically

14. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

You mean the Axe-Fx III, right? No, there is no version for that yet - just the 1000+ Naked Amps for the Axe0-Fx III. Like a of you, I am waiting on getting an FC12 and FC-6 foot controller. I need those before I can begin to do a Dream Rigs specific version for the Axe-Fx III - but I do plan to do one, it will be later this year.

15. serge20261

serge20261
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Yes sorry Axe -Fx III looking forward to them

16. Black Bitch

Black Bitch
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I highly recommend this preset pack. They sound really good and a few little add ons and switching delay and reverb to your own taste. Here is a little clip from a session with friends using the `50s Tweed Deluxe preset from this preset pack. For the moment my favorit and fits almost genre of music styles....

17. pauly

pauly
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Hey welcome back!
    Pauly

Black Bitch and bradlake like this.
  18. Black Bitch

Black Bitch
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Thanks Pauly. :cool: been quite bussy the last year. in the mean time I'm now 70 years of age and finger still working. :D

austinbuddy, Rex and bradlake like this.
  19. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

That is a wonderful thing. I hope to be as fortunate. Enjoy it!

Black Bitch and bradlake like this.
  20. austinbuddy

austinbuddy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

That 50's Tweed Deluxe is totally one of top 10 Desert Island picks...but the player's hands make the magic -- Great stuff Tony!

Black Bitch likes this.