The new 2x12 TX Star M160 UR cab is sweet

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
It's replacing all my vintage fender-ish single coil cabs. The low end is natural, not boomy, highs are balanced and it has a nice midrange mojo that, for a lack of better words, sounds the same as the covers I do in that realm.

I'm curious what's different about that particular cab. Fits on a lot of stuff.

That is one of the cabs from our last session. All these cabs were captured using the new "Mic+DI" technique directly into the Axe-Fx. It yields far more accurate and clear IRs. We will be releasing that session as a Cab Pack in the coming days.

That is encouraging. I have more use for 1x12 and 2x12's than I have of 4x12's.

That is one of the cabs from our last session. All these cabs were captured using the new "Mic+DI" technique directly into the Axe-Fx. It yields far more accurate and clear IRs. We will be releasing that session as a Cab Pack in the coming days.
Thanks Cliff - It's significantly less boomy than the other 1x12s released along with it. Was wondering why.

I'm guessing that's just how the cab sounds vs. the others. Regardless, it sounds "right" out of the box for the vintage stuff, very little tweaking.

BTW - a 60's 2x10 Tremolux "piggyback" cab (or two) would be very nice. Not many 2x10 URs in the axe-fx arsenal.

4f4a3f7e21ba198733a853fae3deb393.jpg

Great cab. I like 4x12 usually in real life, but i mostly use a combination of one 4x12 and one 1x12 or two 1x12 cabs in the Axe.
This 2x12 is a great add to the hive.

That is encouraging. I have more use for 1x12 and 2x12's than I have of 4x12's.

Yes, this cab has now displaced my TAF 1x12 Shadow Mix, which is now relegated to "Y" , with the 2x12 tx star m160 in "X" position. :) Really looking forward to some new high-quality 1x12 and 2x12 cabs ...

That is a great cab indeed, and I also have changed all of my clean-ish/mild crunch amps to use the new IR's this evening; they are the best IR's I've ever heard for Fender/vintage/ClassA/bluesy amps.

I'm using the 004 1x10 Prince Tone M160 UR, , 005 1x12 Brown M160 UR, 2x12 TX Star M160 UR, and 027 2x12 Fuzzbomb M160 UR cabs in my various cab block X/Y slots. I had custom UR mixes from one of the FAS Cab Packs in those slots but I like the new ones better for sure.

These are great IR's to complement G3; the current IR tech is amazing and the forthcoming cab pack with these cabs will just rock...

Oh, the 060 4x12 Fractal Gb M160 UR is also one of the best 4x12 IR's I've ever heard and played thru...It's in all of my crunch/higain/lead presets cab block Y slot now. Sooooooooo nice....

Wow-I love it- great on lots of my stuff and so now am looking forward to grabbing a copy of that cab pack-Just keeps getting better and better each day - I'll nr looking :)

Are these new factory IR's a mix or a single MIC position? They really sound and feel fantastic...

Back
Top Bottom