The "My First Digital Guitar Recording" Thread

Shredder3386

Inspired
Hey guys,

So Yesterday I found this old song I wrote in University (9-10 years ago), and I was floored my how much my playing has improved and my tastes have changed. I thought it might be a fun idea to post the first digital recording you ever did. Maybe it was recently using the axefx, maybe you used to record with a pod, or maybe you've been recording digital guitar for years. The song I posted was recorded longggggg recording digital guitar was the norm. I remember I was using a shitty, old Korg multi-effects processor and an early incarnation of Audacity. The Korg had no usb capabilities, so I had to record the headphone-out signal directly into Audacity in the microphone port I believe. As you can imagine (or hear) the results were less than ideal haha. Comparing it to the aural majesty that is the Axefx, its amazing how much technology has progressed. Anyway, I think I was really in to Metallica at the time, so I was totally ripping their "clean verse-heavy chorus" formula found in songs like Sanitarium. Hope you enjoy it and feel free to post your first digital guitar recording. I think it will be cool to see how times have changed.

I have to laugh because i have about 10 tape cassettes all sounding just about like that. I had a Tascam 4 track recorder and Peavey backstage and random pedals with a mic i got from radio shack. My, how things have changed.

Back
Top Bottom