The Musician's Practice Glove Works Great For Guitar and Bass

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I recently purchased a Musician's Practice Glove from http://www.musicianslive.org and it works great! I use it on my left fret hand for guitar and bass and I use it on my right hand for playing bass with my fingers.

I don't get to practice as much as I like, so my fingers and hands have been really hurting lately after practicing and recording. I played my guitar for close to 8 hours straight this past Saturday and had no pain. I played my bass for a few hours yesterday and again had no pain in my fretting fingers or plucking fingers. I was able to play my cheap acoustic guitar with high action longer than usual too and it kept my fingers from smelling bad from the old guitar strings :)

The glove I got had a defect in it, so the thread in the wrist band started unraveling. I contacted the store and they replied within one day and are replacing it. I also, bought 2 more, so I can have gloves for both hands when playing bass and to have an extra.

For the lowest price you can order from their website http://www.musicianslive.org but they also have an Ebay and Amazon store. You can buy 1 glove or save money and buy a 2 or 5 pack.

I have no affiliation with Musician's Practice Glove and just wanted to share my experience using their product.

I've had joint injuries I've had to work through. Seems like this could help people working through physical problems.

Too bad it makes you look like a TSA employee.

They have 3 different colors: White, Tan and Black. The 1st one I bought was white and people joke and ask me if I got the idea from Michael Jackson :eek:

Thanks for the tip regarding the availability of these gloves.

As an aside, and forgive me for the hijack, I wanted to share what I have found to be very effective for carpal tunnel and tendonitis issue I have been working through.......castor oil.
Buy a small bottle of Castor Oil from your super market. Rub into the wrist, back of hand and inner arm. Message the oil in good and leave any excess there, it will soak in and disappear.

If anyone plays bass with their fingers, the gloves prevent your nails from scraping on the strings. They also prevent your nails on your fretting hand from scraping on the fret board.
I wasn't referring to the glove, I was referring to Fran's voice.

If anyone plays bass with their fingers, the gloves prevent your nails from scraping on the strings.
How about LONG nails? :fearscream: I have freakishly long nails on my right hand for classical guitar. I only play bass out of necessity, but it's a love-hate thing because of my nails.

How about LONG nails? :fearscream: I have freakishly long nails on my right hand for classical guitar. I only play bass out of necessity, but it's a love-hate thing because of my nails.

I tried to grow my nails to play classical guitar a long time ago because I was into Randy Rhoads back then but I was working at a grocery store and it was impossible to breakdown boxes with long nails.

The gloves may help and for only $8.50 it's not a huge loss. Not sure if long fingernails will rip through the gloves though.

This seems like it would mess with your feel. I'd actually rather have something like that for my picking hand as I find that even non-slip picks like V-picks or Blue chip picks get slippery at some point -- usually the most difficult -- in a set. Still, it beats super-gluing a finger back together. I had to do that once after a clumsy slice on a tomato exactly caught the string line on the tip of my third finger.

As far as Fran Drescher goes, I'm with those who prefer her on mute.

I tried to grow my nails to play classical guitar a long time ago because I was into Randy Rhoads back then but I was working at a grocery store and it was impossible to breakdown boxes with long nails.

The gloves may help and for only $8.50 it's not a huge loss. Not sure if long fingernails will rip through the gloves though.
Well ya talked me into it. :D Bought a two pack of tan.

Long nails suck in general. I broke my index nail a couple of months ago at work. It's taking forever to get it back into shape because I have to keep filing it down because I keep re-damaging it. :confused:

This seems like it would mess with your feel. I'd actually rather have something like that for my picking hand as I find that even non-slip picks like V-picks or Blue chip picks get slippery at some point -- usually the most difficult -- in a set. Still, it beats super-gluing a finger back together. I had to do that once after a clumsy slice on a tomato exactly caught the string line on the tip of my third finger.

As far as Fran Drescher goes, I'm with those who prefer her on mute.

The gloves are so thin and tight to your fingers that you barely notice them after practicing with them for a few minutes. I'm actually able to keep my feel and emotion in my playing a lot longer because my fingertips don't start to hurt. If I'm not wearing the gloves and my fingertips start to hurt, my bends and vibrato start to sound sloppy, very emotionless and sterile.

I'm not sure if the gloves will help holding onto a pick because it makes the pick more slippery.

I only use it on my picking hand when I'm playing bass with my fingers or slapping. It helps prevent my fingernails from scraping the strings and getting caught when I'm slapping and doing pops.

Back
Top Bottom