The Multitap and Plex Delay are your friends

Superb! Thanks Leon - great tips and guidelines for awesome sounds on a CPU-saving budget!

Thanks for this! Very timely. I've only had the the FM3 a couple weeks, and have been too mesmerized by the amp and cab modeling to even try out the effects beyond a couple Drive models. New to the Plex Delay: Looks like it can shine as a swiss army knife for spacial design. Being able to spice up the hint of reverb I like to have with a pinch of rotary, chorus, delay or flanging without having to string together several effects blocks is very exciting. And having channels for four variations each preset on a per scene basis? Man: I've got it made in the shade!

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to getting one of these things. It’s been awhile since I had my AX8 but I remember it was a great tool for creativity. Leon’s vids are a good example of that. That Multitap was killer!

Won’t be much longer.

LT: one of the TOP guys that adds a lot of valuable tips! Thank you so much! I always learn something new with you.

These blocks were a fun little challenge that really made me appreciate certain functions - the comb filters in the quad parallel delay for instance.

Also, these blocks are great on their own but they're even better when used together! The Plex verb with a quad parallel delay for delay/chorus is instant ambient heaven.

Great stuff Leon. What would you do to add a little room into a distorted rock tone, just to make it a little bit less dry. I'm thinking more Guns N Roses Appetite than Eruption, but still in that 80s rock rhythm tone? On my Axe II and Kemper I'd just stick small room or plate reverb on, with about 12% mix and nothing to huge sounding. Is there a Plex/Multi delay trick to emulate that?

Thanks again Leon. I spent a few hours taking all of those presets on down the road, or off the road into the ditch, depending. It sure is useful to mess with something that already works well, rather than starting from scratch. The comb filtering Is brilliant, probably never would have thought to use that. The Plex verb is surprisingly versatile: I was able to get both very nice plate and spring like effects. Plenty more to get after in the mod department: Look forward to making more quasi rotary chorusy flangy wierdness today.

Great stuff Leon. What would you do to add a little room into a distorted rock tone, just to make it a little bit less dry. I'm thinking more Guns N Roses Appetite than Eruption, but still in that 80s rock rhythm tone? On my Axe II and Kemper I'd just stick small room or plate reverb on, with about 12% mix and nothing to huge sounding. Is there a Plex/Multi delay trick to emulate that?

Chiming in out of turn, but: It's very easy to get an excellent plate or spring effect from the Plex Verb, especially in the 0-12% range. Plenty of knobs to twiddle to get the spacial dimensions, clarity or diffusion to taste.

If you just want a bit of room tone: To some extent, that can now be done in the Cabinet Block: There are parameters in a Room/Air menu that let you adjust room tone and mic placement. Its defaulted at close miked: Adjusting that can give enough air that additional reverb won't be needed in some cases where you don't need that identifiable splash. Very convincing for cleaner tones or acoustic instruments, too.

Have you played with the room setting in the cab block? That might be just the ticket for what you're describing.

Back
Top Bottom