The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effects-emulations thread for AX8

This thread is for AX8, not for AXE. But I wrote instructions in first post. Read it! ;-)
How to save an effect block: in AX8-Edit right-click on a block, select Library > Save. You'll find the saved file in Documents\Fractal Audio\Ax8-Edit\blocks. Vice versa, to load such a file, put it in that folder, restart Ax8-Edit, right-click on a space in the grid, select Library > Recall.

Once upon a time, dear people, there was The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effects-emulations thread. An initiative to share emulated real-world pedal and effects on the Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra.
Then there is another two thread: Mama's back (for Axe-FX II) and Mama's back...again (for Axe-FX III).

And for AX8 ?!?!?! Nothing...

So, I created this thread to share our block setting... for AX8 only.
So, the purpose of this thread is: make pedal/effect emulations available as standalone .BLK files (as in: effect block files). This way we will build a library of standalone emulated pedals/effects, which is missing at this moment. This is for AX8 only.
You can search and find suggested settings for certain pedals/effects in this forum, Wiki, YouTube etc., and these are often documented in the Wiki How-Tos, but almost always you get it in text or as a full preset.

This will succeed only if people contribute!

The "rules" still apply:

1) Post only stuff that's AX8 compatible.
2) If you post a .BLK files make sure is compatible with AX8-Edit 1.8.7 and AX8 Quantum 10.01 or higher.
3) List the effect settings in your post, OR attach a .BLK file. Note: this is NOT a preset, but just a single block. How to save an effect block: in AX8-Edit right-click on a block, select Library > Save. You'll find the saved file in Documents\Fractal Audio\Ax8-Edit\blocks. Vice versa, to load such a file, put it in that folder, restart Ax8-Edit, right-click on a space in the grid, select Library > Recall.
4) Keep it simple: preferable single blocks.
5) Keep it to pedals and stuff like "PCM Concert Hall" reverb.
6) Use a separate post for each effect.
7) Describe if it's mono or stereo, if it goes before of after Amp/Cab, if it's in series or parallel.
8) Name the source if you copied it from someone.
9) Try not to go wild. Keep it to proven emulations, not the "I-think-I-have-captured-Eric-Johnson's-tone-using-the-Metal-Zone" result from late last night.
10) List the firmware version.

Here we go!

I'll start off with some blocks. Some of the stuff in there is based on the experience and tips of guys like Javajunkie, Matman, Yek etc.
Thank's for your efforts with this - great idea!!!

SLOW GEAR (VOLUME SWELL)
as BOSS SG-1

Mono, Series, Before the Amp block.

Volume Block
Taper: Log30A
Volume assigned to Envelope.

Envelope Controller:
Threshold -59,8 dB
Attack 913 ms
Release 65 ms
Gain 3.27 dB

ENVELOPE FILTER

Mono, Series, After the Amp block.

Filter Block

Lowpass
Order: 4th

Frequency assigned to Envelope
Frequency modifier settings:
Min 120.3
Max 9.983
Start 0
Mid 40.3
End 100
Order: 4th

Q assigned to Envelope
Q modifier settings:
Min 9.058
Max 0.673
Start 0
Mid 43.6
End 100

Envelope settings:
Threshold -100 dB
Attack 17.31 ms
Release 5.42 ms
Gain 1.27 dB

Last edited:
ALTERNATIVE OCTAVER
(RingMod adds a low octave to notes)

Mono, Series, Before the Amp block.

RingMod Block
Freq. 199.9
Fmult 0.500
Track: ON
HiCut 300
Mix 30%

I don't have any original blocks to share...most of the cool stuff I have was posted by someone else and I've just managed to incorporate it to suit my needs. But thanks for this thread.

Back
Top Bottom