The Mother of All Effects Blocks Thread (Multi-Model Edition)

iaresee

Administrator
Now that we can mostly share effect channel and block settings among all the Fractal units I thought I'd start a new thread to house all your amazing effect block settings in one, single place. This thread is special. The same thread appears in all three (AFIII, FM9, FM3) Preset Exchange forums -- but it's the same thread in all three forums.

Magic.

Just like your effect block settings! Let's share what you've got!
Use this template when submitting a post to this thread, maybe?

--------------
  • Effect Name: <your custom name for the effect goes here>
  • Effect Type: <chorus, flanger, etc.>
  • Type: <block or channel>
  • Unit: <what hardware unit were you running when you exported the block>
  • Firmware: <what firmware were you running when you exported the block or channel>
  • Notes: <any additional notes you want people to know about the effect?>

Last edited:
Let me kick this off so I can test out what posting to this thread is like. :)
  • Effect Name: Eventide Reverse Reverb
  • Effect Type: Megatap Delay
  • Type: Channel
  • Unit: Axe-Fx III
  • Firmware: 17.01b4 (public beta)
  • Notes: This channel setting makes use of the new 128 step mode of the Multitap Delay block to make the reverse reverb setting smoother and much closer to the reverse reverb setting you find on the Eventide Space pedal. There's a little ducking to keep it out of the way. If you want it ever more like the unit's default settings, dial the feedback way way back. RUN IT IN PARALLEL! I really like to use with with the factory preset Dweezil's Bassguy on scene 5 Clean FX.
Clip:

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 1.54.49 PM.png

Attachments

• Eventide Reverse Reverb - Lush_20211010_135525.blk
    291 bytes · Views: 573
  • Effect Name: DC-2 III
  • Effect Type: Boss DC-2 Dimension, Mode 3
  • Type: Chorus
  • Firmware: 17.01beta
  • Notes: I matched this with the BOSS DC-2w on mode 3. Works great before or after the amp/cab block, especially on clean tones.
dc-2w_top_gal.jpg

Attachments

• DC-2 III_20210617_224522.blk
    425 bytes · Views: 542
  • Effect Name: Dual CC
  • Effect Type: MXR Carbon Copy x 2
  • Type: Delay
  • Notes: Enjoy the Graphite Copy Delay type but wish it was a dual delay? These settings replicate the Graphite Copy advanced settings using the Stereo BBD as a base. Adjust the L/R time ratio for your desired delay subdivisions.

Attachments

• Dual CC_20210711_184717.blk
    998 bytes · Views: 435
Now that we can mostly share effect channel and block settings among all the Fractal units I thought I'd start a new thread to house all your amazing effect block settings in one, single place. This thread is special. The same thread appears in all three (AFIII, FM9, FM3) Preset Exchange forums -- but it's the same thread in all three forums.

Magic.

Just like your effect block settings! Let's share what you've got!

Use this template when submitting, maybe?

--------------
  • Effect Name: <your custom name for the effect goes here>
  • Effect Type: <chorus, flanger, etc.>
  • Type: <block or channel>
  • Unit: <what hardware unit were you running when you exported the block>
  • Firmware: <what firmware were you running when you exported the block or channel>
  • Notes: <any additional notes you want people to know about the effect?>
What an awesome idea love it Ian

Once I get the house were building done I will try to share also. Its probably going to be 2-3 months and we should be in the new house Hallelujah three years in a trailer what a bummer. Can’t wait to get back in my new studio. An Home.

Thanks for everyone that has shared presets.

Now this will really help guys like me who don't necessarily know how to tweak parameters to get the effects to do cool things. Thanks for the idea and the thread!

• Effect Name: DC-2 III
  • Effect Type: Boss DC-2 Dimension, Mode 3
  • Type: Chorus
  • Notes: I matched this with the BOSS DC-2w on mode 3. Works great before or after the amp/cab block, especially on clean tones.
dc-2w_top_gal.jpg
Any chance you have the other modes?

I heard someone do a spot on Bon Jovi talk box with their AX8 and I don't think he was even using an expression pedal. Anyone know where I can find that?
I wouldn't call this "spot on" but it's pretty darn close. I think if you want really authentic talk box tones you'll want to run the formant in parallel with your normal CAB block and into a super small speaker IR on a parallel CAB block.

But this covers the effect in one block.

• Effect Name: Ooo Ahh Oo Oo
  • Effect Type: Formant, Talk Box
  • Type: Channel
  • Firmware: 17.01 RC
  • Notes: I like to put it betweent my AMP and CAB blocks and mix in just a little bit of the dry AMP signal with the formant-effected signal. I run an expression pedal to control the effect and have the curve set so I don't have to rock the pedal very far to go through the three vowels in the formant block. I also vary the resonance with the same pedal by a bit to give it more variance between the low and high vowel sounds.
Here's how I have the block in my grid:

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 12.13.58 PM.png

And here's my controller settings on the resonance value:

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 12.13.45 PM.png

And on the control value:

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 12.21.39 PM.png

Sounds like this, for me:

I'm attaching the block channel settings and the preset I used for that clip.

Attachments

• Prayer Box_20211016_122610.blk
    223 bytes · Views: 306
  • Ooo Ahh Oo Oo.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom