The Mother of All Effects Blocks Thread (Multi-Model Edition)

• Effect Name: Binson Echorec
  • Effect Type: Multitap Delay
  • Type: Channel
  • Unit: Axe-Fx III
  • Firmware: 17.01b8 (public beta)
  • Notes: I matched this as close as I could to a real Echorec a friend borrowed me for a few days, not 100% accurate cuz there's a lot more going on in that device... but pretty close. This block represents the "swell" mode of the echorec, aka all four playback heads active and feedback coming from the 4th one (you can hear it on Pink Floyd's Time intro). You can access other modes (various combinations of heads and feedback taps) by simply turning down to 0 level 1-4 knobs and changing what delay line has feedback set to -100% in the mix page.

Attachments

• Echorec_20211017_125754.blk
    1.4 KB · Views: 423
  • Effect Name: Plex Verbs
  • Effect Type: Plex Delay
  • Type: Block
  • Unit: Axe-Fx III/FM9/FM3
  • Firmware: 17.01b/1.00/4.01
  • Notes: I studied several old rack processors that use multitap/plex style configurations to generate Reverbs and found the approach ports over well to the Plex Delay block. Each channel approximates different styles - A is a room, B a studio, C a plate and D a hall. Works great on the FM3 if you need to free up some space for extra blocks. Use the Decay parameter to adjust overall verb decay.

Attachments

• Plex Verbs_20211025_115527.blk
    1.2 KB · Views: 341
Now that we can mostly share effect channel and block settings among all the Fractal units I thought I'd start a new thread to house all your amazing effect block settings in one, single place. This thread is special. The same thread appears in all three (AFIII, FM9, FM3) Preset Exchange forums -- but it's the same thread in all three forums.

Magic.

Just like your effect block settings! Let's share what you've got!
Use this template when submitting a post to this thread, maybe?

--------------
  • Effect Name: <your custom name for the effect goes here>
  • Effect Type: <chorus, flanger, etc.>
  • Type: <block or channel>
  • Unit: <what hardware unit were you running when you exported the block>
  • Firmware: <what firmware were you running when you exported the block or channel>
  • Notes: <any additional notes you want people to know about the effect?>
This is great! Thanks!

• Effect Name: DC-2 III
  • Effect Type: Boss DC-2 Dimension, Mode 3
  • Type: Chorus
  • Firmware: 17.01beta
  • Notes: I matched this with the BOSS DC-2w on mode 3. Works great before or after the amp/cab block, especially on clean tones.
dc-2w_top_gal.jpg

Hi all

• Effect Name: Slash Wah
  • Effect Type: Crybaby Wah Slash SC95
  • Type: Wah
  • Firmware: 18.2
  • Notes: I matched this with the Crybaby SC95 Slash pedal. The toe down isn't righ there for me, but the heel is and the sweep is quite nice. Guitar used was a Gibson Gold Top Standard.

Any feedback would be great.

Attachments

• Slash Wah_20211203_143447.blk
    594 bytes · Views: 259
Hi guys ! Here's some compressor settings I use in my presets, for firmware 18.03

Attachments

• 18.03 Studio FF Comp A_20211210_175750.blk
    511 bytes · Views: 217
  • 18.03 Studio FB Comp 1 A_20211210_172632.blk
    513 bytes · Views: 215
  • 18.03 Post-Amp 1_20211210_174927.blk
    505 bytes · Views: 214
  • 18.03 Pedal Comp 2 A_20211210_165953.blk
    509 bytes · Views: 206
  • 18.03 Pedal Comp 1 A_20211210_171316.blk
    509 bytes · Views: 208
  • 18.03 Optical Comp A_20211210_170618.blk
    509 bytes · Views: 213
  • 18.03 JFET Comp A_20211210_171556.blk
    506 bytes · Views: 210
  • 18.03 Dynamicomp A_20211210_171101.blk
    507 bytes · Views: 216
  • 18.03 Analog Comp A_20211210_170151.blk
    508 bytes · Views: 211
The NOOB part , ill do it for you. Ill get booted for this but whatever, I am very new to the III and like things explained as they were in first post it makes sense to me.
  • Effect Name: what are you emulating ? Vintage pedals or racks .
  • Effect Type: compressor(s)ALL OF THEM
  • Type: Block(s)
  • Unit: Axe-Fx III/FM9/FM3 ???
  • Firmware: 18.03
  • Notes: I likes squish !!!
People giving freely of their time and experience and hard work don't really need to be held to any standard here. The template was provided as a suggestion only, not a requirement for people contributing to this thread.

If you don't like how someone has contributed, you don't need to use their contributions.

The NOOB part , ill do it for you. Ill get booted for this but whatever, I am very new to the III and like things explained as they were in first post it makes sense to me.
  • Effect Name: what are you emulating ? Vintage pedals or racks .
  • Effect Type: compressor(s)ALL OF THEM
  • Type: Block(s)
  • Unit: Axe-Fx III/FM9/FM3 ???
  • Firmware: 18.03
  • Notes: I likes squish !!!
I like the format too, but let’s keep it positive. We are here for the knowledge sharing. These blocks are gold mines, but we we still have to use our ears to see where things fit. That is what is great about a block library. You can save them down and then drop them in on different presets to see what is perfect for that application.

thank y'all for what you've put here... very much appreciate it!!! Some great stuff above!

so the following are a number of compressor blocks that I found useful. I just lifted the settings off the axe fx wiki where it has custom compressor settings... so I hope it's ok to post them, and I'm not sure who to give credit on them? Some of them are just really great and there seems to be something for everything there so... really great resource there, I found them very useful.
they are from this page here: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Compressor_tips

while I'm here I thought It'd be relevant to post all the "power amp sim blocks" that I made based on the idea of taking the neutral preamp amp block... but copying all the relevant power amp related settings from various other amp models and updating them (thank you 2112 for the idea/encouragement!!) I've found them to be incredibly useful when working with an external preamp and trying to "tame" it in the axe fx.

also here... are my attempts to sim the dynamic voice eq of my triaxis for use with the triaxis amp block...

• Effect Name: various
  • Effect Type: compressors, amps, graphic eq
  • Type: blocks
  • Unit: axefxiii
  • Firmware: 18.00 beta 1

Attachments

• mesatriaxisgrapheq.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 147
  • WikCompressors.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 142
  • PowerAmpSimBlocks.zip
    46.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I went to load Leon's SPX-90 blocks into my FM9 and while the Flanger block went in just fine, the Delay block did not (it loaded as Digital Mono and did not have the settings correct) so I took screenshots of the settings in my III then came out to my living room and dialed the Delay block in.

• Effect Name: Leon's SPX-90 Symphonic Blocks
  • Effect Type: Flanger, Delay
  • Type: Blocks
  • Unit: FM9
  • Firmware: 2.00 Beeta
  • Notes: Maybe it already worked for you, but it didn't for me! Enjoy

Attachments

• LT SPX90 Symphonic_20201103_131035.blk
    479 bytes · Views: 162
  • Symphonic Stereo_20211221_185518.blk
    1 KB · Views: 158
  • Effect Name: Binson Echorec
  • Effect Type: Multitap Delay
  • Type: Channel
  • Firmware: 17.01b8 (public beta)
  • Notes: I matched this as close as I could to a real Echorec a friend borrowed me for a few days, not 100% accurate cuz there's a lot more going on in that device... but pretty close. This block represents the "swell" mode of the echorec, aka all four playback heads active and feedback coming from the 4th one (you can hear it on Pink Floyd's Time intro). You can access other modes (various combinations of heads and feedback taps) by simply turning down to 0 level 1-4 knobs and changing what delay line has feedback set to -100% in the mix page.

Stumbled on this video:

• Effect Name: Dual CC
  • Effect Type: MXR Carbon Copy x 2
  • Type: Delay
  • Firmware: 17.01beta
  • Notes: Enjoy the Graphite Copy Delay type but wish it was a dual delay? These settings replicate the Graphite Copy advanced settings using the Stereo BBD as a base. Adjust the L/R time ratio for your desired delay subdivisions.
Guys if says from "2112" I don't care if it says "Three Gorilla practice amps on 11" just download it.

thank y'all for what you've put here... very much appreciate it!!! Some great stuff above!

so the following are a number of compressor blocks that I found useful. I just lifted the settings off the axe fx wiki where it has custom compressor settings... so I hope it's ok to post them, and I'm not sure who to give credit on them? Some of them are just really great and there seems to be something for everything there so... really great resource there, I found them very useful.
they are from this page here: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Compressor_tips

while I'm here I thought It'd be relevant to post all the "power amp sim blocks" that I made based on the idea of taking the neutral preamp amp block... but copying all the relevant power amp related settings from various other amp models and updating them (thank you 2112 for the idea/encouragement!!) I've found them to be incredibly useful when working with an external preamp and trying to "tame" it in the axe fx.

also here... are my attempts to sim the dynamic voice eq of my triaxis for use with the triaxis amp block...

• Effect Name: various
  • Effect Type: compressors, amps, graphic eq
  • Type: blocks
  • Unit: axefxiii
  • Firmware: 18.00 beta 1
These Blocks are supposed to be compatible between the devices, right?
Trying these on my FM3 but I must be doing something wrong...
I unzipped the PowerAmpSimBlocks and placed them in the right place.
I can pick the various blocks provided from the list but they all default to the SAME settings: Tube Pre, Drive @ 6, everything else at noon
1651239751607.png

1651239828570.png

Expected, or some kind of incompatibility?
Thanks

These Blocks are supposed to be compatible between the devices, right?
Trying these on my FM3 but I must be doing something wrong...
I unzipped the PowerAmpSimBlocks and placed them in the right place.
I can pick the various blocks provided from the list but they all default to the SAME settings: Tube Pre, Drive @ 6, everything else at noon
View attachment 100978

View attachment 100980

Expected, or some kind of incompatibility?
Thanks
that is because the preamp area is basically set to be neutral. the idea is we are trying to use just the power amp... and if you look at the pages for power amp, pwr tubes, power supply and speaker you'll see those settings change for each type.
this doesn't necc mean you don't want to tweak the preamp section... but about the only thing I've tweaked in that section is the drive and perhaps the master.

Reactions: Vio
that is because the preamp area is basically set to be neutral. the idea is we are trying to use just the power amp... and if you look at the pages for power amp, pwr tubes, power supply and speaker you'll see those settings change for each type.
this doesn't necc mean you don't want to tweak the preamp section... but about the only thing I've tweaked in that section is the drive and perhaps the master.
Clear now. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom