The Most Awesome ebay Auction I've Seen

I had most of that gear (still have the reel to reel recorder) and it was NOT hi-end and was far from rare. Every appliance store in the country was selling that junk back then. The reason why it may be somewhat rare (now) is that most of that old pioneer junk is either in landfills nowadays or in resale shops as I've seen around here, selling for next to nothing.

If you want rare/hi-end gear find some McIntosh. That's hi-end gear you'll rarely see on the used market because most who own it, own it for life.

Last edited:
Nice system. I wonder about the condition of the heads & belts.
The belts and rubber wheels on mine were all replaced twice, the last time around 15-17 yrs ago. Since then further upkeep became cost prohibitive so it's been out of use for many years. The last I checked though the heads were still in pretty good shape.

I had most of that gear (still have the reel to reel recorder) and it was NOT hi-end and was far from rare. Every appliance store in the country was selling that junk back then. The reason why it may be somewhat rare (now) is that most of that old pioneer junk is either in landfills nowadays or in resale shops as I've seen around here, selling for next to nothing.

If you want rare/hi-end gear find some McIntosh. That's hi-end gear you'll rarely see on the used market because most who own it, own it for life.

Party pooper. :p

Spec stuff & the like were totally out of reach for us (lower)middle class kids. That was a dream system to us. In our little town, this was the stuff in the high end audio store that we drooled over. I'm not sure McIntosh even made it to our neck of the woods.

I still have a soft spot for that brushed aluminum faced Pioneer gear with the blue displays. McIntosh always looked a little old fashioned to me. :lol You don't need to explain to me how much better the McIntosh stuff is/was. The Pioneer racks full of gear just looked cool.:)

I still have a soft spot for that brushed aluminum faced Pioneer gear with the blue displays.
The blue display on the stereo reverb (2nd unit below the reel to reel) was a mere gimmick to make a rather simple analog reverb look way cooler then it actually was. If you open it up it was basically an empty box with a simple circuit and the display taking up very little space and the rest was just...air. IIRC that was one of the first pieces I got rid of because I found the reverb very tiring in a very short time.

Back
Top Bottom