AFIII The more the Merrier, another Vai preset!

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
If you would have told 14-18 year old me that I'd have Vai's actual effects, I'd pester you incessantly about how you knew that and why I couldn't have them then. I let the teenager in me free for a little bit tonight and made a Vai preset. It's 6 scenes, using the effects in different ways, but I'm guessing kind of close to what he's doing live. I didn't utilize all of them, but you can just add them to different channels of the existing blocks if you want and Bob's yer uncle!

I initially had 2 York IR's in this, but found that Orange Factory cab and it was perfect on it's own! There's a clean scene in there but I didn't spend a lot of time with it. I can't remember which Legacy was the one based off his personal head, but when trying them both I definitely preferred the first one, reminded me a lot more of the Legacy I owned.

This is just a noodle over a backing track I found on the YouTubes, using the short delay, long delay and the 4th harmony. I also added a wah and whammy to the preset.

Attachments

• Vai.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 89
If you would have told 14-18 year old me that I'd have Vai's actual effects, I'd pester you incessantly about how you knew that and why I couldn't have them then. I let the teenager in me free for a little bit tonight and made a Vai preset. It's 6 scenes, using the effects in different ways, but I'm guessing kind of close to what he's doing live. I didn't utilize all of them, but you can just add them to different channels of the existing blocks if you want and Bob's yer uncle!

I initially had 2 York IR's in this, but found that Orange Factory cab and it was perfect on it's own! There's a clean scene in there but I didn't spend a lot of time with it. I can't remember which Legacy was the one based off his personal head, but when trying them both I definitely preferred the first one, reminded me a lot more of the Legacy I owned.

This is just a noodle over a backing track I found on the YouTubes, using the short delay, long delay and the 4th harmony. I also added a wah and whammy to the preset.

Thanx for the preset. I'm 58 years old but act like a little kid in a candy shop when it comes to Fractal, the forum and all the greats gifts of music, lol. I wake up in the morning and first thing is to catch up on the forum and the last thing I do before crashing. Not to mention all the times in between that. Lol

That sounds awesome the delay ,
Wah , whammy and pitch killer tone man

Back
Top Bottom