The Mini Tuner could indicate how far out of a tune a note is

Kamil Kisiel

Power User
Currently it only shows if it's sharp or flat, but not by how much. The arrow could be an outline that "fills up" from the outside edge as the note got more in tune. eg: half a semi tone out and the arrow would be nearly empty, quarter of a semitone and the arrow would be hall full. When fully in tune you'd get a solid arrow as now and the opposite arrow would also appear.

I can’t speak for all the younger users, but my middle aged eyes need to be right next to the LCD to even make out the little mini tuner, much less see how “filled up” the arrow is lol.

Heck, I have trouble enough with the actual tuner window size from any distance and would like that to be bigger.

I guess it depends how you use it. For gigging it's obviously not very useful, but in the studio it's handy especially with the unit mounted right on the desk. I find right now while the mini tuner is helpful, I have to be really careful when first turning the tuners because I can't immediately tell if the note is off by a lot or nearly there.
I admit overall it's a pretty minor thing, but hey, wishlist!

I have a wish in for bigger tuner notes, wont help here, but it seems like is just jammed into places. I'd like the mini tuner to be consistent if possible too. still very hard to make out on a stage.

How about this for us with less than perfect eyesight?...

A "Tuner Overlay Mode"

Here's what I was thinking;

Beside the "Cool Factor" this would in my humble opinion be great.

While viewing any window, an engaging of the tuner would only activate the tuner 'view window' when a string is plucked... As the note fades the tuner view window fades back to where you left off... The biggest advantage (for me, the way I see it anyway)?....

This would be very helpful for the tuner view could conceivably fill the whole screen, yes? No? and for those wondering (or not), yes,... my eyesight is that bad. Just a thought.. :)

In that case I’d suggest adding a signature where you explain this. To prevent similar responses like mine.

Personally, I’d find it distracting if the tuner went away every time the note decayed. If I stomp the tuner, I want the tuner. There’s no benefit for me to have any other screen up until I’m done tuning.

Last edited:
OK, I can see where there would be a distraction with timed fade out then... full/large screen, big digit view would be the main advantage... just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom