1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish The Mini Tuner could indicate how far out of a tune a note is

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Wish List' started by Kamil Kisiel, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kamil Kisiel

Kamil Kisiel
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Currently it only shows if it's sharp or flat, but not by how much. The arrow could be an outline that "fills up" from the outside edge as the note got more in tune. eg: half a semi tone out and the arrow would be nearly empty, quarter of a semitone and the arrow would be hall full. When fully in tune you'd get a solid arrow as now and the opposite arrow would also appear.

pauly likes this.
  2. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I can’t speak for all the younger users, but my middle aged eyes need to be right next to the LCD to even make out the little mini tuner, much less see how “filled up” the arrow is lol.

Heck, I have trouble enough with the actual tuner window size from any distance and would like that to be bigger.

3. Kamil Kisiel

Kamil Kisiel
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I guess it depends how you use it. For gigging it's obviously not very useful, but in the studio it's handy especially with the unit mounted right on the desk. I find right now while the mini tuner is helpful, I have to be really careful when first turning the tuners because I can't immediately tell if the note is off by a lot or nearly there.
    I admit overall it's a pretty minor thing, but hey, wishlist!

4. dpeterson

dpeterson
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I have a wish in for bigger tuner notes, wont help here, but it seems like is just jammed into places. I'd like the mini tuner to be consistent if possible too. still very hard to make out on a stage.

5. JOHNNYROCKIT

JOHNNYROCKIT
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

How about this for us with less than perfect eyesight?...

A "Tuner Overlay Mode"

Here's what I was thinking;

Beside the "Cool Factor" this would in my humble opinion be great.

While viewing any window, an engaging of the tuner would only activate the tuner 'view window' when a string is plucked... As the note fades the tuner view window fades back to where you left off... The biggest advantage (for me, the way I see it anyway)?....

This would be very helpful for the tuner view could conceivably fill the whole screen, yes? No? and for those wondering (or not), yes,... my eyesight is that bad. Just a thought.. :)

6. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Please do not post the entire message in bold type.

ug65 likes this.
  7. JOHNNYROCKIT

JOHNNYROCKIT
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Yes... my eyesight is REALLY bad... as in legally blind.

8. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Aha, okay.

JOHNNYROCKIT likes this.
  9. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

In that case I’d suggest adding a signature where you explain this. To prevent similar responses like mine.

10. #10 Rex, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Personally, I’d find it distracting if the tuner went away every time the note decayed. If I stomp the tuner, I want the tuner. There’s no benefit for me to have any other screen up until I’m done tuning.

11. JOHNNYROCKIT

JOHNNYROCKIT
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

OK, I can see where there would be a distraction with timed fade out then... full/large screen, big digit view would be the main advantage... just a thought.