the mfc101 is amazing

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
finally gave up the struggle and got myself the mfc101, in anticipation of controlling scenes in the (hopefully soon) fw9.
thought i had the bases pretty much covered with my ground control pro but having just set up the mfc101 (thanks to katsukuri's well laid out video instructions), i now realize how much more control over the axefx2 i have.
and set up was so much easier, with the mfc101 merely pulling info from the axefx2 without me having to re-enter patch names each time i swap presets.
kudos to fractal for the perfect complement to the axefx.

now i just need to figure out how to update the mfc's firmware going forward.

Sundance, I've been thinking about making the switch myself. Was it a pain to set up expression pedals and such?

Sundance, I've been thinking about making the switch myself. Was it a pain to set up expression pedals and such?
it is definitely easier than with my gcp.
much thanks go to Chris@katsukuri's video here:
MFC-101 & Axe-FX II - Setting up Expression Pedals - YouTube
while the video is fairly long, that's cos he's taken painstaking efforts to explain in detail every step of the way to get an expression pedal functioning.
the initial set up video from him is also indispensable:
Axe-FX II & MFC-101 - Initial Setup - YouTube

am also looking forward to set up scene controls as follows once the new fw9 is out (still on 8.01a holding out for the actual 9.0 instead of the beta)
Axe fx II scenes w/mfc101 part1-2 - YouTube
Axe fx II Scenes w/mfc101 part2-2 - YouTube

OK, thanks. Scenes is why I'm thinking of making the switch, plus the ability to have 4 expression pedals instead of 2.

it is definitely easier than with my gcp.
much thanks go to Chris@katsukuri's video here:
MFC-101 & Axe-FX II - Setting up Expression Pedals - YouTube
while the video is fairly long, that's cos he's taken painstaking efforts to explain in detail every step of the way to get an expression pedal functioning.
the initial set up video from him is also indispensable:
Axe-FX II & MFC-101 - Initial Setup - YouTube

am also looking forward to set up scene controls as follows once the new fw9 is out (still on 8.01a holding out for the actual 9.0 instead of the beta)
Axe fx II scenes w/mfc101 part1-2 - YouTube
Axe fx II Scenes w/mfc101 part2-2 - YouTube

...the ability to have 4 expression pedals instead of 2.
that was part of the reason for me as well.
been a fan of steve morse and his pedalboard since i first saw his instructional video.
here's a pic from an old magazine:
SM_setup-1.jpg

here's one of my pedalboard some time ago:
delayboard_June2008_1.jpg

i have a strange thing for expression pedals that may be illegal in some places..

Back
Top Bottom