1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

The MFC boots intermittantly without displaying text

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by blearyeyes, Oct 30, 2018.

1. blearyeyes

blearyeyes
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

My MFC Mk3 boots intermittantly without displaying text and was wondering if an old battery might be an issue?

2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Do you mean that it boots intermittently, or that intermittently when it boots no text displays?

Doesn't sound battery related in either case, IMO.

I'd open it up and make sure all the ribbon cables are well seated.

How are you powering it. They are a bit finicky if there is not enough current.

3. FractalAudio

FractalAudio
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

MFCs don't have a battery.

4. AutomaticEight

AutomaticEight
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I’m experiencing something similar... maybe one in 5 starts the MFC does not display the names or the switch states. Sometimes rebooting the AX fixes it or sometimes rebooting by pulling the MFC XLR and reconnecting. Then it seems to be good for the gig.

Only started doing this the past few months. Ive had this setup for several years.

Also occasionally get “waiting for tuner” display prior to the blank display.

Thoughts?