The Metal Factory IRs

Der JD

Inspired
Came across some new IRs a few days ago. Details on this thread in the Andy Sneap forum: Top Cabinet Impulses recorded with top gear, 96 different impulses! - Ultimate Metal Forum

These IRs are really nice for modern metal tones. I am in no way affiliated with the seller but I can say that these are some of the best IRs for metal I've come across and I'm an IR junkie and have tried just about everything. They're not free but they're being offered at a reasonable price. He's got a couple of codes mentioned on the thread for discounts.

These seem to work best when mixed. Pick one for the high end cut and another for the beef (or several mixed together). Some of them do seem to need some lo/high end cut in the cab block.

Really looking forward to using Cab-Lab to try out some interesting mix combinations with these.

How are these different from the other ones you posted?

The ones I posted on the other thread are IRs of amps and bands, so I'm assuming they're basically tone matches of some sort. I really have no idea. I found them, liked them, and thought I'd pass the info. along.

The Metal Factory IRs are more "typical" IRs (cab + mic + mic preamp, etc.)

just bought these. unfortunately they are not in axe FX II format, i'm not even sure if they are in 48000, damn! :(

does this work directly or do i have to convert the wav files first?

i just tried it with axe-o-matic and it worked. i guess the files have already been in 48000 :)

Back
Top Bottom