• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

"The Messiah Will Come Again" - Tribute with FM3

Axe2Grind

Hey guys, whilst off work over the Christmas holidays, I thought I'd have a crack at learning this classic tune. Spend a couple of days learning the main bits of the tune, inspired by Gary Moore's live version from the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1990 and added some of my own take. I used the 'Still Blue' FM3 present and the Blues scene, using the volume of my Gibson Les Paul Standard and kicking on the OD for more heavier leads.

A tribute to Gary Moore but also Eddie Van Halen, Peter Green and Leslie West who we lost this year in 2020. I hope we do not lose anymore of our heroes in 2021.

jimbop

Inspired
hey Justin!! long time no see! how you doing mate?
this was a excellent version of a great tune!
fuck me you got a gibson!! lol never thought i'd see you with a 'traditional' kinda guitar lol.

Axe2Grind

hey Justin!! long time no see! how you doing mate?
this was a excellent version of a great tune!
fuck me you got a gibson!! lol never thought i'd see you with a 'traditional' kinda guitar lol.

Wow, Jimbo! how are you doing my old mate? it's been a long while !
Many thanks for listening and your comments Bro ! :)
Haha, yep I've done the modern super strat lark, Floyds and what not. In my defence, I have always loved Les Pauls and single cut guitars in general.
I got my Gibson Les Paul Standard in July, I turned 50 so was a birthday present from my Wife. I've also go a Dean Throughbred Select which is also another single cut guitar but with a more LP Custom feel with the block inlays and ebony fretboard :) Just the two singlecuts these days Bro and won't be going back to bolt on strats lol.

Also got the FM3 last summer too and has been a revelation, I've never had anything this good to play through. Forgot you have a Fractal as well :)

PM me, would love to catch up :)

Justin.

PumpkinKing86

Experienced
Hell yeah! The live in Montreux version is my favorite Gary Moore song. It's a hypnotic performance on Blu-ray if y'all haven't seen it.

Nice job 👍

Axe2Grind

I'm with you on that Bro, one of my favourite Gary Moore performances and the album version is also fantastic although not as rocky as the live Montreux version 🤘Thanks for listening to my version ! :)

Tonedeaf

Inspired
I'm so old I remember watching a PBS Special on Roy Buchanan where he played his original version. I was very impressed and apparently so was Jeff Beck who copped Roy's style for Because We Ended As Lovers.

Axe2Grind

never seen a strat pushed to the limit as gary's version of 'red house'.!!!

Jeez, I've never seen that live version before until now, makes my arms ache just watching him and what a great band behind him as well. How I would have loved to see him live myself. In 2011 when he died, there was rumour he was planning a rock tour with a set list filled with the old 80s wild frontier songs and stuff and the same band, Nick Carter on keys/guitar, Bob Daisley on bass and Eric Singer on drums, would have been killer.

Top Bottom