The Meshuggah Signature series

Gorilla

Experienced
Man... Marten and Fredrik are my Buds... but gawd why does Ibanez wanna charge so much for their sig. series?
MESHUGGAH SIGNATURE SERIES 8 Strings

$8,000.00 WOWZERS!!!!:eek:

Other than that Lundgren, neck thru, and the scale. It's basically a RG2228 without a rythym pup.

I was hoping Ibanez would of made these available>>>>>
Marten1.jpg

shemihazazel said:
Ibanez is charging $1000 per string now?

Hahaha thank gawd my 9 stringers ain't Ibanezs'! :)

Yeah that's still crazy expensive at $6000. I gotta make some phone calls buhahahaha

well, lots of players buy prs, gibson etc. guitars for as much and more.
no more of a rip off than those things i guess.

Give me a break I could get an awesome guitar made by Strictly 7 for less than half of this list price of this signature series from Ibanez. they must be mad!

I think they must be testing the whole "it's worth whatever the market will bear" principle, and are starting maybe just a *little* bit high... <cough> <cough>

I think they must be testing the whole "it's worth whatever the market will bear" principle, and are starting maybe just a *little* bit high... <cough> <cough>
Hehe... just a tad.
Give me a break I could get an awesome guitar made by Strictly 7 for less than half of this list price of this signature series from Ibanez. they must be mad!
Yes those Strictly 7's are SWEET!!!! Josh Travis has a few badass 8's from them.

That price is absurd, but we all know that anyway. This is my eight string:

sherman-8.png

25.5″ to 28.5″ compound scale, flame maple fretboard on a seven piece maple and wenge through neck, mahogany body, flame maple top and Nordstrand pickups. Paid less than half of what the 'Shug guitar costs. Small builders are always the way to go (as long as you have patience).

You can get a hand-built custom 8-string from just about any of the high-end boutique builders for 1/2 that cost... Ibanez has lost their minds.

Yeah I was dissapointed. I own a rg2228 and i honestly don't like it. Mostly due to the emg's and the short scale. I can get my local luthier make me a custom 8 string for half the price.
Was thinking about a schecter blackjack. The 2012 models have a 28" scale and that's not bad.

Yeah I was dissapointed. I own a rg2228 and i honestly don't like it. Mostly due to the emg's and the short scale. I can get my local luthier make me a custom 8 string for half the price.
Was thinking about a schecter blackjack. The 2012 models have a 28" scale and that's not bad.

I had an RG2228 and sold it for the same reason. The pickups blow (easy enough to change), and the scale length is too short. (a little harder to change, heh). I play shred/thrash/power metal. The 2228's low string was WAY too loose for me. It's just a sloppy pile of noise. (No offense)

Back
Top Bottom