The menu system and usabilities in Apple Music/iTunes still f#!king blows!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
All these years and it still sucks. The audio quality is better than Spotify BUT I like Spotify's menu and algo's better. That is all.

I know it well now
so able to get around, but
agreed - nav could be better - love the lossless and spatial audio though.

This is one of those things where I’ve been using it for years without any issues on my end and then someone points out how it could be better and I say “Oh shit, yeah I could see that”.

I use itunes/Apple music for all my listening these days and the only thing that drives me nuts is when I’m looking at the lists of artists on my phone and it’s right on the edge of the glass, I can never hit the letter I’m going for.

Hate it as well. I don't listen to streaming stuff at all but I do make set lists within Apple Music and why in the hell do I need to see album artwork all the time is beyond me. SoundCheck sux ass and there is no way to fine grain adjust volume of a single song. Man I miss SoundJam which Apple bought and renamed as the original iTunes. SoundJam and the first few versions of iTunes were nice in that they had had two markers you could move to loop a section of a song. Ive tried so many other music player apps its stupid. Still havent found one I like.

... why in the hell do I need to see album artwork all the time is beyond me.
SoundCheck sux ass and there is no way to fine grain adjust volume of a single song.
I guess artwork is cool if you're casting to your TV or something but I almost always listen in my car or my earbuds and not looking at the phone. I'm thinking of deleting all the artwork and getting gigs of space back.

And I wish there was an actual Normalization algorithm instead of Soundcheck. They say it plays everything at the same level, but all it seems to do is read the highest peak value and level that regardless of the song's overall RMS/LUFS.

I still use an iPod. And have an iPhone. Yes, after all these years you would think this thing would be very polished. But it’s not. Mostly common sense stuff too that appears to have escaped attention somehow.

Tried some years ago but I didn't like it. Tried again last year but found no improvement... Spotify (and Tidal) today have a better visual "layout" (and they are integrated in my Tesla tablet ;-) )

Agreed.

The first few versions of iTunes were great. Then it started going downhill. Then it really went downhill. I'm not sure there's been an improvement since.

Just on my list of qualms...they're still being stubborn about not supporting FLAC. Nothing else (that matters) supports ALAC. It's not a technically superior format. It has no advantages. You lost the war, Apple. Admit it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom