The I/O Menu CTRL

serge20261

Inspired
I have gone into the I/O Menu on the ctrl page.I have assigned chorus ,delay,drive,etc to my instant access on the GCP Pro,my question is how do I modify the effects to taste on the I/O menu? I have also included Volume increase and Volume decrease is it correct to assume that the button assigned to these would be non latching?
Apologies if they seem like silly questions,You guys have helped so much to get me going.

serge20261 said:
I have gone into the I/O Menu on the ctrl page.I have assigned chorus ,delay,drive,etc to my instant access on the GCP Pro,my question is how do I modify the effects to taste on the I/O menu? I have also included Volume increase and Volume decrease is it correct to assume that the button assigned to these would be non latching?
Apologies if they seem like silly questions,You guys have helped so much to get me going.
The CTRL page of the I/O menu is used to assign continuous controllers that simply globally enable or bypass a given effect block. The set up of those effect blocks is not performed in the CRTL page. It is done in each individual patch. You edit the block, set it the way you want, and save the patch. By default, the CC button will bypass or unbypass that fine-tuned effect, that's all. So the short answer to "how do I modify the effects to taste on the I/O menu?" is "you don't".

As for the volume increase and decrease, beware because pressing those buttons saves your patch with the level slightly higher or lower, depending. Hopefully someone else can provide more details about that, because it's a feature I have never used.

Daniel

Daniel thank you for the response,one more time for the dummies,what you are saying is that if i have a patch with drive,delay chorus etc and i press the instant access say for the delay I would in effect bringing the delay in and out of the chain?? Is that correct?? I thought that the instant access gave me access to the individual effects as i needed them.
Oh well guess I have learned another thing.

Serge

It depends on what you mean by "in and out of the chain"... all these global bypass controllers do is bypass and unbypass the effects they are assigned to. So your patches have to be set up as you want them, and the IAs will enable or disable the effects *if* they are in your patch. Pressing that delay IA will not do anything in a patch that doesn't have the delay block.

So it *does* give you access to the individual effects as you need them, but your patch has to be set up for it.

Example: I have a patch which has a delay, a chorus, and a tremolo. All three blocks are bypassed by default. When I'm on that patch, pressing on the IA that I have assigned to chorus1 will unbypass the chorus block (i.e. gives me access to the chorus as I needed it). If I switch to another patch, and come back again to this one, the chorus is bypassed again (that's the state it was saved in), but I have access to chorus, delay and tremolo via my floor controller. Another IA assigned to the flanger bypass, for example, won't do anything because my patch doesn't even have a flanger block in my patch.

Also, pay close attention to your effect block's bypass mode. There are several modes available (mute effect in, mute out, etc) which all behave differently. You need to set your bypass mode as required, depending on what you're trying to do and also depending on your signal chain. You may want to use a different bypass mode on a block in parallel than you would on a block in series, for example.

Along these lines I just setup a Mission pedal with toe switch to act as a wah pedal. I assigned the IA #7 (to defeat the wah) and the pedal to #8. When I tried the setup on stock preset "Evil 800" it didn't really work. Is that because of the wah used in that preset? I didn't have time to build my oun preset.

Also, is it possible to have that same pedal change duties per preset? In other words, can it control the wah on one preset and control fading between two amps on another preset?

mitch236 said:
Along these lines I just setup a Mission pedal with toe switch to act as a wah pedal. I assigned the IA #7 (to defeat the wah) and the pedal to #8. When I tried the setup on stock preset "Evil 800" it didn't really work. Is that because of the wah used in that preset? I didn't have time to build my oun preset.
Do you mean you set up IA#7 as a global bypass controller for the wah (in the CTRL page of the I/O menu)? I personally don't do that... I don't set *any* global parameters to the wah. I just configure the wah in each patch that uses it. I assign my continuous controller as the modifier for the wah, and I use to auto-engage feature (the wah is bypassed by default, and activates automatically as soon as a sweep my expression pedal). If you prefer to have a button to activate and deactivate the wah, then you can assign an IA as a global bypass (in the CTRL page of the I/O menu).
mitch236 said:
Also, is it possible to have that same pedal change duties per preset? In other words, can it control the wah on one preset and control fading between two amps on another preset?
Absolutely, but not if you set it as a global bypass (in which case, it is global). I mean, you could, theoretically, but you'd have to watch out for conflicts. But if you assign the pedal as a modifier in a patch, then that function is unique to that patch. So your continuous controller can be a wah in one patch, a volume in another, or increase the delay mix in a third patch.

Okay so what I should be doing is create a patch that contains my instant access effects and bring them in and out as needed.I created a patch without effects thinking that i could bring them in and out.Hopefully I am on the right track

Serge

serge20261 said:
Okay so what I should be doing is create a patch that contains my instant access effects and bring them in and out as needed.I created a patch without effects thinking that i could bring them in and out.Hopefully I am on the right track
Serge
Yes, now you're on the right track.
Daniel

Back
Top Bottom