The Honey moon is over...

It's just a great tool. Once you learn it ,you will tweak less and play way more. Your sound will improve so much you will play more confidently. Do you remember the days when your pedals would somehow screw up and you would always have to have a spare cable lying around so you could bypass a lot of pedals? I sure do, I hated the stress of trying to fix it right before you started. I have had the AX8 for a real long time, and I have never once had an issue like that ever since. I love my tools with a passion.

It's just a great tool. Once you learn it ,you will tweak less and play way more. Your sound will improve so much you will play more confidently. Do you remember the days when your pedals would somehow screw up and you would always have to have a spare cable lying around so you could bypass a lot of pedals? I sure do, I hated the stress of trying to fix it right before you started. I have had the AX8 for a real long time, and I have never once had an issue like that ever since. I love my tools with a passion.

I'm right there with ya! ... I really loved my Amp/Pedal Board set up,.. but there was always something going on with it in one way or another. ... The AX8 has really allowed me to dial in sounds exactly (Or very close at least ) the way they sound on the recordings ... something I had to sacrifice with my other rig.

Plexis...all of them!
JCM800 #34
AFD 100 (both models)
Friedmans
Morgans
Matchless DC30...delish!

There are so many awesome models in this thing. I have never once thought while playing the AX8, "Man, I wish it had this or that". Never, not once. It's all in there already. Well, except for a few 3rd party IR's. :)

For live I was using Matchless DC30 for our original material.
Tom Petty Tribute is getting the HiWatt Jumped and love it (except for one song that has the JTM.

Was using some OH IRs but lately I've been using the creamback (new with 8.02 and last in the list). Really like this IR

The Wrecker and cab 103.

I'm just coming off one of the longest guitar playing breaks I've ever had , and got together , finally , with my bandmates last night.
Coming back to my AX8 was incredible.
EDIT : I recently revisited the updated factory presets and I have 12 new favorites. Still using mostly cab 103 though.

Best gear I've ever purchased. ( No need to edit this part )
Thanks FAS.

Last edited:
I’m still in my first few days ... so many good models, many of them indistinguishable from the real thing.

So far:

Tucana 3
Plexi 1970
Brit 800 #34
Matchless C-30
Morgan AC20
Mesa Dual Rec Vintage Orange

I’m looking for more clean models. I’ve owned vintage Fenders and Allen amps but the Fender models are not hitting me the way I thought they would. I’ll need to tweak those more to get them to sound the way I like.

Back
Top Bottom