The Haunted - Bullet Hole cover. Some more 6505+ heavyness :)

kostein

Inspired
Hey guys, I hope you don't mind spamming my crap. I did another cover during the week. :)

The Haunted's debut album is one of my biggest influences when it comes to my playing/songwriting so it was only a matter of time before I did a cover. This song is choke full of awesome riffs and is a blast to play.

A few notes about the recording... I used a slightly modified version of my Peavey 6505+ patch on the Axe-FX for the rhythm guitars. Lead guitars were done with my FAS Modern II patch. Bass is just the usual bass patch, recorded with the crappy bass of doom and destruction known as Harley Benton. As for the drums, I used my usual SD2 TMF kit.

The 6505+ sounds so freaking good with my EX-360. I haven't touched any other guitar since I discovered this. It's just so satisfying to play :D

Hope you like the vid!

EDIT: Added bass patch ;)

Attachments

• bullet hole v01.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Bass SC2 v.02.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Spam away brother... spam away!!!! I always appreciate and enjoy your creative endeavors!

aaaaaaaaawesome, funny I kept reading the song title as butthole, well thats my mind.......... thanks again.

Thanks dudes, glad you like it :)

If you notice the master volume on this patch is set to ~4. Usually with most of my patches I set the MV quite high but for this I had to turn it down in order to get the tone I was going for. Just a little side note :)

Great job dude :devilish: Very tight :encouragement:

Which DAW and filters do u use to record? and could you share us bass preset too?

I really dig this, as with all of your videos. Is the solo in Phrygian? It has an Middle Eastern vibe to it.

Great job dude :devilish: Very tight :encouragement:

Which DAW and filters do u use to record? and could you share us bass preset too?

Thanks! Not an easy song to record and get it really tight because of the slight tempo changes that happen all the time during the song.

I use Cubase 5. I'm not sure what you mean by filters, but I don't really use a lot of fx. For instance the guitars/bass are pretty much raw AxeFX, save for some post EQ and some compression on the bass. The big thing that I use is my mastering plugin on the master output, which is Ozone 5. You'd probably be surprised at the simplicity of my mixing/mastering. The bass patch is in my big pile of patches on my blog but I'll upload it here for convenience ;)

I really dig this, as with all of your videos. Is the solo in Phrygian? It has an Middle Eastern vibe to it.

Thanks man, glad you are diggin it. I'm not good with theory, I don't know the name of the scale but I can play it and make a tab for ya :p

E|-----------------------------0-|
B|-----------------------0-1-3---|
G|-------------------1-2---------|
D|-------------0-2-3-------------|
A|-------0-2-3-------------------|
E|-0-1-4-------------------------|

So what scale/mode is that? :?

E|-----------------------------0-|
B|-----------------------0-1-3---|
G|-------------------1-2---------|
D|-------------0-2-3-------------|
A|-------0-2-3-------------------|
E|-0-1-4-------------------------|

So what scale/mode is that? :?

E Phrygian Dominant which is the 5th mode of the A Harmonic Minor scale.

E Phrygian Dominant which is the 5th mode of the A Harmonic Minor scale.

Man I should force myself to get deeper into theory. It kinda sucks knowing how to play a bunch of scales without knowing where they come from.

Killer as usual
what pups are in your Ex 360 that's "connecting" so well with you?

Nikoooooo! :mrgreen EMG-81 bridge, EMG-60 neck. I don't know why this guitar sounds so good to my ears. It's not top of the line or very expensive but for some reason it sounds really good. Maybe it's because I've been playing my 7 string almost exclusively for the past couple of years, I dunno. I loaded my Uberschall patch today and played for like an hour and it was very inspiring, to the point that I had an urge to record something, just so I could hear it. I can't really explain it but I just love playing that thing. Just love it.

Once again, thank you so much for all the feedback guys, I very much appreciate it all and it makes my quest for nailing them bro0tz so much more fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom