The hardest things to do...

electronpirate

Axe-Master
So...last night, a dog who I had picked up at a rescue center 6 years ago, had to flirt relentlessly with his foster mother at the time (and she was not...well, you know.) Suddenly he starts puking. Blood, mucus, the whole deal. This is an EXCELLENT dog. Happy, kind, and ridiculously obedient. Woop, off to the late night Vet.

Prognosis: Late stage lung cancer.

He's in pain. There really is no choice.

He spends a last night being pampered, and conversation with the girls about the situation (ouch), and this morning, a rainstorm of tears for goodbye, and we're off.

I have done MANY difficult things in this life. But holding a family pet while the vet sends him on to a better place ranks up there.

Goodbye Bolt (yes, the girls named him from the movie), I can't express just how much you added to our lives. I love you. Lots of miller moths where you are I bet...snag one for me.

upload_2018-8-25_16-5-5.png

Oh man, sorry to hear that. It is one of the toughest things that most of us have to do at some point, but sending good vibes your way to try to help ease the pain of loss.

Yeah, man, that's a brutal place to be... Sorry for your loss. Happy you and the family have lots of good memories to comfort you.

:(

Kevin

So...last night, a dog who I had picked up at a rescue center 6 years ago, had to flirt relentlessly with his foster mother at the time (and she was not...well, you know.) Suddenly he starts puking. Blood, mucus, the whole deal. This is an EXCELLENT dog. Happy, kind, and ridiculously obedient. Woop, off to the late night Vet.

Prognosis: Late stage lung cancer.

He's in pain. There really is no choice.

He spends a last night being pampered, and conversation with the girls about the situation (ouch), and this morning, a rainstorm of tears for goodbye, and we're off.

I have done MANY difficult things in this life. But holding a family pet while the vet sends him on to a better place ranks up there.

Goodbye Bolt (yes, the girls named him from the movie), I can't express just how much you added to our lives. I love you. Lots of miller moths where you are I bet...snag one for me.

View attachment 49214

Ugh!... condolences

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, whose presence touched the lives of you and your family so deeply.

Sorry for your family's loss. Been there a few times myself over the years. I think it gets harder as we get older.

Wow. That is so sad. I had to put down my beagle one year ago for a similar out of nowhere cancer. I am sorry for your loss.

These little creatures become such huge parts of our lives. You gave Bolt a great life.

I normally avoid threads like this when the title is this obvious(really hard subject for me). I wish their were words that could help and I suspect that I will be having to confront this soon with my Dog. Our pets are family, so sorry for your loss. As unix-guy said, focus on the positive memories and know that you made him as happy as he did you

Been there, brother. I’ve buried four cats in our backyard. It’s harder when there are children involved. Peace.

My condolences. I've felt your pain, as I'm sure many here have. It's never an easy decision, but I've always believed it's better to do it a day too early than a day too late.

Condolences. It is one of the worst experiences. Had to put down our dog of 14 years in June. Good vibes man.

I’m so sorry about your loss! Hope you and the girls bounce back soon!
The good news is you gave him the best last 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom