The Gift of Music - Dream Theater | Solo Cover| w/ PRESET (and TAB too)

TheTrooper

Inspired
I will bother you guys one more time this week, 'cause I covered the Solo section from the new Dream Theater song, "The Gift of Music", from their upcoming album "The Astonishing".
Their FB page(s) posted this a couple of days ago, and I must say that I'm really digging the song.
It wasn't too easy understanding what was going on with all the notes :)D) but I think I'm close enough.
I'm using my Ibanez JBM100 Tuned to D standard Tuning (I shifted the pitch of the original track underneath)
I will included the Preset I made here (It's one of my main Lead sounds)
AMP : USA LEAD BRT
CAB : Petrucci V30
There are two Drive Blocks ( A Fulltone and a TS MOD), pick the one you prefer; their both good. (and Thanks Fractal Team for that ;) )
There is a Delay (2290 Dual) and a Reverb too (I only used the Delay there).
For the TAB, please refer to teh description of the Video. :D

Thanks guys!

I've been practicing this solo during the week, have most of it down at slow tempos but interestingly having the most trouble getting that hammer on / pull off section in the middle before the longer sweeping section to sound right.

If you like Petrucci's work, you definitely need Cab Pack 7!
Nice work btw!
Actually I'm leanig more towards CabPack 13, loved the clips I heard so far.

I've been practicing this solo during the week, have most of it down at slow tempos but interestingly having the most trouble getting that hammer on / pull off section in the middle before the longer sweeping section to sound right.
Yeah, that's the most demanding part of the solo (At least for me), some odd number of notes on each string.
I made a TAB of it if You're interested ;)

Actually I'm leanig more towards CabPack 13, loved the clips I heard so far.

Yeah, that's the most demanding part of the solo (At least for me), some odd number of notes on each string.
I made a TAB of it if You're interested ;)

Glad to know, thought I was crazy! Appreciate the offer for the TAB, I think I have the notes right, it's just a matter of getting them played correctly, in the right sequence, and up to speed haha ;)

I finally got around to trying out your patch and absolutely LOVE the lead tone. Do you have other DT patches you could share? I'd really like to find a rhythm and clean tone I like as much as your lead tone :) I think this became my new go-to sound for lead!

Back
Top Bottom