The Gems You Find on Youtube

Those were the days

7eecb51a02f14b01d72d93f51cb8dc320b8030da6c7362f8ebab4d9684782c99.png

8bbebb01debb78cd9fb063068df29c3444cb475cd57e855dee1ab3105e0cef58.png

I found this video previously while searching for a Christmas album called "8-Bit Christmas" by Rush Coil. Try it in your Xmas holiday rotation this year!

I can't even imagine the effort to program this, but I really appreciate it.

This makes me smile so much.

This makes me want a version of SNES Pitfall with Xanadu as the background music.

This could be the 2nd level score:

I guess the easiest route would be a MIDI controller into a DAW, record the MIDI track and then push it through whatever plug in is making the sound.

If I was playing guitar I'd use the Fishman Triple Play, or MIDI Guitar 2.

The hardest way I would would be to take some sheet music and physically write each note into the DAW MIDI instrument track like the way the kids write and edit demo drum tracks. I watched Misha Mansoor do this in a tutorial in Cubase I think. HE was literally mouse clicking individual drum hits and varying dynamics. It was pretty cool. With drums though you do that for one measure then copypasta for 8 bars or whatever then write a fill or something

I'm just supposing. But that's what I'm guessing was the process in these tracks.

I've never actually done any of these things yet but I really want to learn how to do it because I'll 8-Bit crush songs all day LOL. No tune is safe!

I love the attn to my fav band but,,, ok cool btw this is the album I leaned to really play guitar. Life changing

Back
Top Bottom