The future?

Here's what they've
If they were to prevent you from profiling your own amp, that would be a serious infringement. Wouldn't it?

Nobody is preventing anybody from profiling anything. If you’re suggesting persecuting Diezel for something you think they might be considering doing in a future product, that’s some serious Orwellian dystopian stuff.

What they're tacitly admitting is that profiling works well enough to worry them, or at least make them think about it.
If they're not going to do anything about it, what the heck ARE they doing?
Hard not to see this as a negative on them, from multiple angles.

But as others have said, it's way out of my price range regardless, so I don't have to decide anything.

If by “tacitly admitting” you mean they said exactly the opposite, you’re right :).

It seems pretty obvious what they’re doing. They just want to learn if people are buying their amps, then returning them after profiling them. Everyone has heard stories of that happening, but until now, nobody has made an effort to learn how widespread the problem is.
Well ok then, I hadn't looked into this at all beyond this thread.
But just because that's what they say...

The phrase "we have no plans to..." no longer means what it sounds like. In today's world, it means "we're not actually implementing xyz right now."

It may be nothing more than finding out how many people are doing the profile & return thing, but they didn't put the time and money into creating that function for no reason.

Honestly, I'm ambivalent on it. I can see this being used to prevent people from buying an amp, profiling it and returning it. But I can also see it used to disable an amp that's been profiled.

The phrase "we have no plans to..." no longer means what it sounds like. In today's world, it means "we're not actually implementing xyz right now."

It may be nothing more than finding out how many people are doing the profile & return thing, but they didn't put the time and money into creating that function for no reason.

Exactly!

Here's what they've

Nobody is preventing anybody from profiling anything. If you’re suggesting persecuting Diezel for something you think they might be considering doing in a future product, that’s some serious Orwellian dystopian stuff.

We already live in Orwellian dystopian stuff. If you told people 20 years ago the restrictions, lack of privacy, cancel culture, they would have to live with in 20 years time they wouldn't believe you and think you are as crazy as you probably think I am. And sometimes I wonder if I am paranoid enough to pierce to the bullshit coming from governments and corporations. Thing is it never gets implemented right away. It always gets implemented incrementally, in small steps. Maybe to test the waters, maybe not even by original design. Sometimes they take what already existed and push it on a bit. But give away your freedom one inch at a time and you will never EVER get it back.

Back
Top Bottom