The forum hasn't given me a "Server Busy" message in a while!

I got a few last night, but it's nothing compared to what it was like the week before, much improved. Pages load alot quicker for me now as well :)

Same here - late afternoon and early evening (East coast US) yesterday I got a spate of them. But overall, seems improved.

The true test will be the next big release. Let's hope we don't break the internet. Al Gore would be pissed.

Still getting them quite often myself...

Edit: as of this afternoon, it does seem much better.

Last edited:
I got, "The server is too busy" not 20 min. ago but heck of a lot better than yesterday. :D

The true test will be the next big release. Let's hope we don't break the internet. Al Gore would be pissed.

Not really. People always think that but firmware files are relatively small, whereas the forum software has to build every page you request by joining HTML with multiple queries to a database, which may or may not be on the same machine. I dare say it places a much heavier load on the box than simply serving up a file, even a large one like say, an Axe Edit release. The issues are more likely to be caused by a CPU bottleneck than by bandwith shortage.

Probably because the "Axe-Edit" subforum isn't attracting its usual 1000+ droves of members and guests as of late (rubber-neckers cruising by observing the casualties...).

Probably because the "Axe-Edit" subforum isn't attracting its usual 1000+ droves of members and guests as of late (rubber-neckers cruising by observing the casualties...).

Ha... he said, "rubber neckers". I haven't heard that since Joe Dirt'e. As a footnote: just had another "server too busy".

A few 'too busy' today too. I'm assuming the server upgrade hasn't happened yet..

I notice TGP is lightning fast even though it's way huger than here, in terms of membership and post volume. I woulda thought Scott would have been asked to help hook up FAS with their hosting provider by now?

TGP: Threads: 446,966, Posts: 8,475,289, Members: 111,858

Fractal: Threads: 44,587 Posts:479,176 Members:18,803

I'm not going to say I haven't gotten one lately in case there is some sort of curse put on the phrase. But, its been a while....

Back
Top Bottom