Fixed The FM3 wont connect to FM3-Edit

Magz88

Hello!

Pc, recognizes the unit and it worked the first time i used it. But today it wont connect.
Tried rebooting everything and install the usb-drivers.
I recieved the Fm3 jusy 2 days ago.
The unit works still if i connect it straight to a speaker.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Hello!

Pc, recognizes the unit and it worked the first time i used it. But today it wont connect.
Tried rebooting everything and install the usb-drivers.
I recieved the Fm3 jusy 2 days ago.
The unit works still if i connect it straight to a speaker.

Anyone else had the same problem?
What operating system are you running?

Also, is your computer still recognizing the FM3 even though FM3-Edit won't connect?

What operating system are you running?

Also, is your computer still recognizing the FM3 even though FM3-Edit won't connect?

Windows 10 Pro.
In the audiomixer it shows as a unit. When i unplug it, it dissapears. So, yes it seems that way

Please try uninstalling the USB driver and reinstalling it.

Also, please verify that the firmware version is 1.06 (it will say at the top left of the screen if you go to Setup).

Please try uninstalling the USB driver and reinstalling it.

Also, please verify that the firmware version is 1.06 (it will say at the top left of the screen if you go to Setup).

Done, uninstalled both and rebooted the computer. Still doesnt work.
Yes, i have v1.06.

I'd also like to know if the unit connects to Fractal-Bot. That's a simple test.

I'd also like to know if the unit connects to Fractal-Bot. That's a simple test.

Is there another USB port on your PC you can try for the FM3?

You can also try this to see if it helps:

I have tried different ports and cables, disabled USB-powersaving AND tried Fractalbot. Fractalbot did connect to the unit. But FM3-edit still wont connect. Tried installing it on the C: instead of D:, still wont work.

Is it a good idea to try and reinstall the firmware on the unit? If so, do i just have to overwright the existing file with fractal-bot?

Last edited:
I have tried different ports and cables, disabled USB-powersaving AND tried Fractalbot. Fractalbot did connect to the unit. But FM3-edit still wont connect. Tried installing it on the C: instead of D:, still wont work.

Is it a good idea to try and reinstall the firmware on the unit? If so, do i just have to overwright the existing file with fractal-bot?
Another thing to check is the communications port in FM3-Edit. Please go to Settings->Preferences and make sure there aren't multiple FM3 Communications Ports hanging out there.

I switched through com 1 and back to 6 and suddenly it worked.:oops: anyways thanks guys, great support. Appreciate you guys following up fast.👌😉

Another thing to check is the communications port in FM3-Edit. Please go to Settings->Preferences and make sure there aren't multiple FM3 Communications Ports hanging out there.

Attachments

• 20200923_184251.jpg
    20200923_184251.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom