FM3 The FM3 does Zeppelin

iaresee

Administrator
Posted this in another thread, but it's worth it's own post I think.

I had started recording this right around the time the FM3 started to ship to people. I never finished it. I could never get a solo take I was happy with and I won't stitch solos sections together. So it was languishing in my unfinished track queue. @Tahoebrian5 asked for some good, growly tones and I immediately thought I had the remedy for what ailed him. That Blakenship Leeds amp model straight rock and f'ing roll. Zeppelin in a box when you throw a Les Paul in front of it.

This was all just just modifications on the already-excellent factory preset. There's a Band Commander in there too for something cleaner if you need it.

RAWK!

Preset is here: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8056 because sharing is caring.

Guitar you're hearing that clip was recorded with the "Follows" scene and my P90-equipped Les Paul. Single tracked.

If someone wants to teach me how to cop that solo with Page's feel I'd be so appreciative. My 50+ takes all sound stiff AF and totally out of place.

Note: poorly here is a reflection on my playing. The tones from the FM3 and f'ing stellar. :D

I had started recording this right around the time the FM3 started to ship to people. I never finished it. I could never get a solo take I was happy with and I won't stitch solos sections together. So it was languishing in my unfinished track queue. @Tahoebrian5 asked for some good, growly tones and I immediately thought I had the remedy for what ailed him. That Blakenship Leeds amp model straight rock and f'ing roll. Zeppelin in a box when you throw a Les Paul in front of it.

This was all just just modifications on the already-excellent factory preset. There's a Band Commander in there too for something cleaner if you need it.

RAWK!

Preset is here: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8056 because sharing is caring.

Guitar you're hearing that clip was recorded with the "Follows" scene and my P90-equipped Les Paul. Single tracked.

If someone wants to teach me how to cop that solo with Page's feel I'd be so appreciative. My 50+ takes all sound stiff AF and totally out of place.

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this👍👍I’ve been dialing and searching in vain for some Page tone and this is the closest I’ve gotten.

Old thread I know, but I get no sound with this preset on my FM3. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, but my Fractal knowledge is limited. Thoughts?

The first thing to do is, on the front panel, switch to the layout view, then tab right to the meters page and zoom out. Play a chord and watch the meters. The last one showing signal is where to look.
@Greg Ferguson, thank you. I had no idea you could troubleshoot blocks that way. Volume/Pan was the last one with signal and the culprit. DIsabled it and viola, sound.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it and learned something new too!

Nice job! I was waiting for the vocals to come in there at the end!

The first thing to do is, on the front panel, switch to the layout view, then tab right to the meters page and zoom out. Play a chord and watch the meters. The last one showing signal is where to look.
Yep! So many questions people have about loss of signal could be solved with this little procedure.

Back
Top Bottom