AFIII The Fender Deluxe Reverb is spot on!

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
People have mentioned that some of the most improved amp types from the Ares modeling are the Fenders. So I borrowed my Dad's mint condition 1966 all original Deluxe Reverb and shot some IR's to see how close the Axe could get, and I was blown away. The touch response is next level and really brings out the dynamics of the player. For the grittier stuff in the song, I used @camilovelandiamusic 's Klon settings and really loved how it feels with my Fender American Professional Series Strat with a maple fretboard.

I hope you enjoy it.

Not only is the Fender spot on, so are your chops!
You are too kind! Thanks a lot.

Sweet! Just all around tastiness :)

Nice harmony... Reminds me of some of the recent John Mayer stuff.
Thank you. Ever since I shot the cab, I’ve been listening to Contiuum a lot, so I appreciate the Mayer nod. That amp with a Strat immediately makes me want to play Mayer or Keith Urban’s ‘Til Summer Comes Around.

Tasty all day — both tones and note choices!

In your opinion, how close do the factory cabs come?

Tasty all day — both tones and note choices!

In your opinion, how close do the factory cabs come?
Thanks, Rex! All I can say is the the current factory cabs sound pretty different from the one I shot, but that’s the nature of IR’s. Every speaker sounds different, and when you couple that with different mics, room sizes, signal chains, etc... it’s impossible for two cabs to sound identical. So the factory cabs may sound like the physical amps they were taken from, but they don’t sound like mine.

Luckily, I’m wrapping it up as we speak and the official Cab Pack should be ready “soon.”

I like everything about it except for the harmony part...... which I love.

Really will have to give the Ice Castle verb a spin, kind of wrote it off mentality as something that wouldn’t suit my kind of playing, but it sounds fantastic is this instance, so likely I need to get away from spring and plate sounds.

I like everything about it except for the harmony part...... which I love.

Really will have to give the Ice Castle verb a spin, kind of wrote it off mentality as something that wouldn’t suit my kind of playing, but it sounds fantastic is this instance, so likely I need to get away from spring and plate sounds.
I fell right into your trap, then I smiled. Thanks a lot. Yeah, the Ice Castle Verb is cool. Just tweak the low and high cuts to taste and it’s pretty magical. I still like the London Plate a lot too.

Love the ir of the 1966 fender deluxe reverb, great sound and playing.
Thank you very much. It’s a great amp, and I think it’s just incredible that we’re able to “bottle up” tones from vintage masterpieces.

Back
Top Bottom