AFIII The Fender Deluxe Reverb is spot on!

View attachment 49973
Haha! Yeah, there’s actually quite a bit of fingerstyle in there. Normally I just bludgeon a guitar with a pick, but I’ve been working on more fingerstyle stuff to broaden dynamics and create new textures. Good ear!
Finger style is da bomb. It opens up so many new options. How much flesh to dig in with vs. how much nail, what angles to use, truly simultaneous notes, and a range of dynamics that no pick can touch. You can go from a violently percussive snap to no discernible attack at all. The first ten years of my guitar life were spent almost exclusively on finger style. The plectrum still feels like a newcomer to me. :)

I fell right into your trap, then I smiled. Thanks a lot. Yeah, the Ice Castle Verb is cool. Just tweak the low and high cuts to taste and it’s pretty magical. I still like the London Plate a lot too.

Thank you very much. It’s a great amp, and I think it’s just incredible that we’re able to “bottle up” tones from vintage masterpieces.

Hey York Audio or should I say finger style is the bomb diggity thanks for responding. I have a lot to learn as I am new to the Axe Fx III. Anytime you feel like sharing I will always be grateful.
So many combinations and I am always looking for the sound or that tone.
I have been playing for 45 years and have played through many amps over the years, my main sound has been through a Peavey Stereo chorus 400 and Boss, Alesis, Peavey effects. I would love to make an IR of this amp it has a really fat sound that I have always loved. I just would like to add it in to the Axe Fx III to the Arsenal of awesome amps and Effects.
Thanks again glad I was able to make someone smile it is contagious everyone should try it

The factory DR IRs are from a reissue. I wonder if it's that the speakers just sounded different back in '66 or if it's the aging.
Probably a bit of both. The speaker is a 52 year old Oxford and the DR reissue has a new Jensen C12-K (according to Sweetwater) so I’m sure there are differences in the nature of those two speakers anyway. Then take into account the treatment of the vintage speaker over time with exposure to the elements and humidity (the aging) and it broadens the tonal gap that much more. Believe me, I’ve heard vintage speakers that sound like absolute garbage, and new speakers that are fantastic, so older doesn’t always mean better. Fortunately, I think the vintage speaker in this Deluxe sounds great!

You can get great tones with either one. The Axe CAN sound like a vintage Blackface Deluxe Reverb, and that’s the main point I wanted to illustrate.

People have mentioned that some of the most improved amp types from the Ares modeling are the Fenders. So I borrowed my Dad's mint condition 1966 all original Deluxe Reverb and shot some IR's to see how close the Axe could get, and I was blown away. The touch response is next level and really brings out the dynamics of the player. For the grittier stuff in the song, I used @camilovelandiamusic 's Klon settings and really loved how it feels with my Fender American Professional Series Strat with a maple fretboard.

I hope you enjoy it.

This Track has on problem .....it´s too short......:)

First class playing, feeling and sounding......I can´t get your fingers - but maybe these IR´s? Will you do cabpack for players - not to much IR´s, only a few sweetspots?

Last edited:
This Track has on problem .....it´s to short......:)

First class playing, feeling and sounding......I can´t get your fingers - but maybe these IR´s? Will you do cabpack for players - not to much IR´s, only a few sweetspots?
I’m so glad that you liked the track! I designed the new cab pack to cater to people who just want a few files all the way to guys that like diving in deep and everything in between. Everything I used in this clip can be found in the “Quick Play” folder, so it’ll be easy to get people playing faster and tweaking less (unless they like tweaking, then there’s plenty to explore).

Now THAT'S how to sell an IR. Enjoyed the solid meter, dynamics, melody and production.
Awesome! Thank you so much! It really means a lot to me.

Vintage amps and speakers definitely have their own character. I’m loving the combinations I have been going through in the Axe Fx iii today
I picked up my Elite stratocaster noiseless 4 pick ups and spent the afternoon playing man loved the David Gilmore wow im truly comfortably numb we’re does the time go this thing rocks

Back
Top Bottom