The Fender Bank - Sneak Peak - Princeton Reverb + Rotary

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys.

I was busy with editing and field recording lately, so i didn't post many patches.
While compiling all the patches I've created so far, Axe Edit's excellent 'sort by amp' feature made me realize that I use a LOT of Fender sims.
Mostly Double Verb, a good amount of Brownface, some Bassguy and a few Deluxe.

I put together a full bank of 128 patches based on Fender sims to have them ready for (relatively) quick access for my current job.
In this bank, between a few favourites of mine I came across a Princeton (EQ) clone I made a while back. It's a nice clean sound on it's own but at some point I added a random LFO as a speed modifier for the rotary and I really love how it sounds.
Here's a few chords

It works really well with singlecoils, I personally use it with lipstick pickups, but any Strat, Tele or P90 equipped guitar should be fine. It's great to fill in a track without muddying the whole thing up. Chords, Arpeggios, even lead lines work nicely.

This might seem a little odd (posting a preview), but here's the thing:

I don't mind sharing patches at all.

However, I'm slightly irritated by the download to 'post a repl'y ratio (even well received) patches get.
This is why I will pre-release a few patches this way, before making the whole bank available for download.

Next is my #1 Bassman patch called 'Oh Bassman, my Bassman".
The first to identify this (bad) pun correctly will receive my previously unreleased 'Spirit in the Sky' (Fuzz), 'Dead Man' (Ambient) patch (his/her choice).

Yes, all this sounds like I'm terribly pretentious and like I'm full of myself, but the way I see it, after putting all this work into these patches I deserve some enjoyment. ;)

Here's the patch...

Attachments

• Princeton Reverb(2).syx
    2 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Don, are all the patches you have posted for direct recording as you do a lot of production in radio type stuff? Or do you also use these with a power amp and cab?

Don, are all the patches you have posted for direct recording as you do a lot of production in radio type stuff? Or do you also use these with a power amp and cab?

nah, I'm a studio guy. :)
once in a while I do play live (years of giging without getting anywhere taught me something), bu then I just go DI from the Axe and try to get the sound guy NOT to mess with my signal. This is surprisingly hard.
I tend to show up late, so these guys can't ruin my sound in the soundcheck. ;)

Don, not feeling the love eh? If it makes you feel any better, the first thing I always do after logging into the forum is searching for new posts from you. I admit I am guilty of not giving feedback, but look at it from my (amatuer) point of view - there is only limited feeback I can offer back to a genious. I'll be sure to leave my thanks from now on!

Yeah Don -your input and patches are very highly valued by me. One of the great things I learned from one of your patches is to boost the mids with the mid freq on the fuzz eq dropped down to 200Hz - massive!! I use it all the time.

BTW the Princeton patch sounds tremendous! I also live very much in the Fender realm and have my II on the way...really excited to see a Tweed Princeton in v3.0

thanks, stevorc321. :)

I'm really excited about the Princeton, too! And the '65 Bassman.
It'll be a while before my II arrives, tho...

ah well, plenty of things left to explore on the Ultra anyway ;)

Yeah - I'm not 100% sure I'll keep the II. I'm completely happy with my Standard - could do with maybe just a bit more rawness to the sims... I would also love to check out a KPA, the clips sure are impressive.

Great sound,
Thanks also BTW for the Doug Seven patch you made that really comes close to it, also on the (small house) PA. It completely made me rediscover the FA 1x12EVL cab IR which comes close to the roundess and Fat bottom of my Fender DLR amp that's equiped with a Greenback.
As for me I use two Fender amp patches, one with a Brownface amp that is used for Rolling Stone and All Along covers (myspace.com/laukelux)
and another with a DLR we use for a Britney Spears "Baby" cover, not recorded yet. Maybe check the controller and CC's for volume & lead.
They're joined hereto.

Ciaou

Attachments

• 028 - LL-DLR.syx
    2 KB · Views: 117
Great sound,
Thanks also BTW for the Doug Seven patch you made that really comes close to it, also on the (small house) PA. It completely made me rediscover the FA 1x12EVL cab IR which comes close to the roundess and Fat bottom of my Fender DLR amp that's equiped with a Greenback.
As for me I use two Fender amp patches, one with a Brownface amp that is used for Rolling Stone and All Along covers (myspace.com/laukelux)
and another with a DLR we use for a Britney Spears "Baby" cover, not recorded yet. Maybe check the controller and CC's for volume & lead.
They're joined hereto.

Ciaou

I'll check them out!

thanks guys :)

Thanks for sharing Don, and not a moment too soon. I'm getting my first strat today!

About the feedback on patches I'm totally with you. I've posted about 7 patches and the only feedback I got was a single like. Meh, really doesn't bug me but I am trying to learn and any feedback positive or negative would have been greatly appreciated. On my rig they sound awesome and I get compliments from older and younger guitarists but I have no idea how they transfer to others.

Anyways, I appreciate ALL patches posted and yours have been the foundation for some really nice sounds. I used The fuzz you posted a couple months ago and am very close to the Queens of The Stoneage sound. My gratitude to you sir and all those that post patches.

Don
I have downloaded a lot of your patches and use many of them a lot but have not posted to say thanks so I say it now thank you very much for all the time and trouble you go through your patches are outstanding
thanks

Muchas Gracias, Senor! My band is actually covering that tune

good one! :) thanks.

I'd like to point out that I didn't clone the 'Spirit in the Sky' sound like I did with other patches. It was one of those lucky accidents that sometimes happen. I was going for something else, having fun with the Axe when I stumbled across this one.

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• Spirit in the Sky.syx
    2 KB · Views: 136
Back
Top Bottom