The evil super reverb amp - Super666+1.73

PacoCasanovasOld

Fractal Fanatic
Based on an old fender player legend (often called as "the magic six setting"), here comes another "clean to mean in one" tone, based on Cliff's super reverb amp. Since I heard this amp was modified by cesar diaz, I lower the signal coming to the phase splitter with MV trim to taste, changed NFB to get the original amp back (compared to the experience I had with some 65' RI amps in my workshop right now) and boosted the input by +2dB (according to user javajunkie and barhrecords with input trim 1.259 value)as done on my ODS 102 patch...why? Why not....:lol

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15087852/Super666.syx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15087852/Super666.mp3 (played with a lp style guitar)

all what I can say is - it works! Wow!!!:D

The IR is taken from the european Axefest 2014 in Daxweiler, Germany. It's a mix IR of a silverface Fender Super Reverb Amp with some mics in front and a mic placed on the left rear corner of the combo cabinet (the Elliott Randall cabinet micing trick).
If you don't have downloaded it already, you can download the entire Daxweiler Cabinet Collection here: Axe-Fx Allgemein: Axe-Fest Germany 2014 Cab Pack

I used the file "Fender SuperReverb P10 Mix N+R" in my patch above!

Cheers
Paco

Alternative File Download Links:

File-Upload.net - Super666-1.73.syx.zip

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

Last edited:
Just tried it on my XL, sounds stellar, thanks for this preset Paco !
I saw the PEQ block is set flat, is it like this on your preset or is it the II=>XL conversion that missed information ?

Just tried it on my XL, sounds stellar, thanks for this preset Paco !
I saw the PEQ block is set flat, is it like this on your preset or is it the II=>XL conversion that missed information ?

mmh....there are some things missing! The PEQ-block is just there for Matrix Q12a users. According to my friends and collegues who using the Matrix Q12a too, this makes the tones less boomy and less sharp - turns into a more natural responce. Sometimes frequencies which couldn't be heard results in miss-heard frequency errors (hard to explain, since english is not my main language). My corrections were set on those frequencies you wouldn't turn ear wise, but they turn your ears when you insert them. ;)
The settings were pretty easy, two peak filters, first is around 1.340kHz, Q of 1.4 and +3 - 5dB gain (to taste), 2nd is at 119Hz, Q of 2, -3dB gain

all the best
Paco

PEQ values do not translate well from Mk I/II to XL.

Evidently they don't transfer at all .... The PEQ from the patches I downloaded show no entry values at all ....

Is this a bug ? Or just something that we need to watch out for ?

This post just bring me right back to my AB763 Super with all the swetness, attack, grunt and right in your face tone with my Strats.
Thanks Paco.

Evidently they don't transfer at all .... The PEQ from the patches I downloaded show no entry values at all ....

Is this a bug ? Or just something that we need to watch out for ?

They transfer partially. Some of Paco’s entered values are in there. But you see a straight line because of the incorrect Freq Type and Gain values.
AFAIK the following parameters are affected: FREQ TYPE, GAIN, LEVEL.
I’d call it a bug.

mmh....there are some things missing! The PEQ-block is just there for Matrix Q12a users. According to my friends and collegues who using the Matrix Q12a too, this makes the tones less boomy and less sharp - turns into a more natural responce. Sometimes frequencies which couldn't be heard results in miss-heard frequency errors (hard to explain, since english is not my main language). My corrections were set on those frequencies you wouldn't turn ear wise, but they turn your ears when you insert them. ;)
The settings were pretty easy, two peak filters, first is around 1.340kHz, Q of 1.4 and +3 - 5dB gain (to taste), 2nd is at 119Hz, Q of 2, -3dB gain

all the best
Paco

Thanks for the EQ settings

all the best
Paco

Hi Paco, I have 2 Q12's and I've noticed on some of my patches that it makes the tone more open. Can I use the PEQ Block for all my patches (clean or dirty) - so I just put it in my presets without having to change any settings of the PEQ?

Hi Paco, I have 2 Q12's and I've noticed on some of my patches that it makes the tone more open. Can I use the PEQ Block for all my patches (clean or dirty) - so I just put it in my presets without having to change any settings of the PEQ?

Yes, that's why this PEQ block is often seen in my presets ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom