The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

I can live with delays as long they are the same all over the world.
But we are being treated a second rate customers.
And the wonderful people at G66 are losing customers.

I have no issues with G66 - quite the opposite as they have been very helpful and sympathetic. All I'm saying is I'm spending my money with a European company that has always given great customer support and makes great amps.

Recomendation

I strongly recommend you to get of the list. - Especially if you signed up before the first if July. :)

I agree with you though:

A 3 month wait has now increase to "at least 5 months" OR, as it seems: a year.

Best wishes for an AXE II to all who may wish it. SOON !

AAEN

ZeeW,

same here.
I feel for the people at G66. They've been always very supportive and it's a shame they'll be loosing customers because of the backwards shipping policy at FAS.
And I would do the same thing. that's why I'm looking a t a ENGL Invader.
I'm playing in a few bands and one of them is a Judas Priest tribute band. The other guitar player uses a regular tube amp and for that kind of music, I wouldn't need anything else either since it would be hard to combine the Axe-Fx and IEM's in this band.
So the Invader is looking more and more attractive.
I have a limited amount of money to spend and I can get an Invader, rtelatively new with a cab for €1600.
But I won't be able to wait a lot longer.
If I would have had the Axe-Fx II as promised around the end of August, I wouldn't have had the chance to think about the Invader since I wouldn't have any money left.
But as they keep postponing and US customers, who got on the list a lot later, already have an Axe-Fx II, I have another option.
And the more they keep treating us as second rate customers, the more the alternative seems appealing.
And it seems I'm not alone.
Again, how hard would it be do deliver the Axe-FX II worldwide according to when you got on the waiting list GLOBALLY!!!!

I know this is a Fractal forum... BUT your choice amp is great. The Invader is a seriously nice amp that will ideal for you.

I'm with you that there should be a sensible approach i that each person is on a worldwide list and thats it - may be its too simple? Or may be Fractal have another agenda where they aren't interested in tose outside the US. I eel for our friends in Oz too!

Good luck MisterE! Oh and if you get the chance to try the Steve Morse - I think you'd be v/pleased :)

I was a user and supporter of the axe fx standard and ultra for almost 3 years. Got cheesed off after waiting too long on yet another fractal waiting list.
I know its no big deal really but I too feel as if we are regarded as second rate customers and that leaves a bad taste as a long term customer.
It has had the effect of turning me off the fractal products in many ways, which is a shame.

I was a user and supporter of the axe fx standard and ultra for almost 3 years. Got cheesed off after waiting too long on yet another fractal waiting list.
I know its no big deal really but I too feel as if we are regarded as second rate customers and that leaves a bad taste as a long term customer.
It has had the effect of turning me off the fractal products in many ways, which is a shame.

+1 Well said!

I think FAS has a simply fantastic product and product support. As a marketing guy I think the marketing strategy and communication around product availability just saddens me.

With all the goodwill the company has through product and support, I think complete honesty and open dialogue on availability would have solved just about any production capacity and availability problem. ´

It´s really frustrating to observe.

IMHO, FWIIW.

May be we should start a thread about amps you are buying because your that frustrated in waiting.

Heres what I've just ordered:

Diezel_Schmidt_Head_frontalt.jpg :evil

Hey guys. G66.eu has let the next shipment people know that their axes are heading to g66.
They have also given update to the next group if the same size order comes in 2weeks!

Go see if you got one. Looks like things are speeding up.

Hey guys. G66.eu has let the next shipment people know that their axes are heading to g66.
They have also given update to the next group if the same size order comes in 2weeks!

Go see if you got one. Looks like things are speeding up.

What date did these guys make their order?

On the G66 website:
28, October: Axe-Fx II shipment now on its way - those receiving one from this shipment have been informed.
29, October: Next Axe-Fx II shipment should be ready soon – those receiving one from the next shipment have been informed.

So I guess this is again a very small shipment.
And so is the next one since those that ordered in May still haven't gotten the e-mail.
Still trickling.

I'll let fate decide ;-)
I'll place a bid on the ENGL Invader and if the seller accepts before the AXE-FX II arrives...

Last edited:
Yep - no Email for me.

Its also worth noticing that the guys getting these latest orders didnt even order a 2 !!!! While they have had a long long wait, and Im not complaining as such - but NOBODY in the EU who actually ordered a 2, even on the day the unit became public knowledge have had one yet (the exceptions being guys like yek - nothing against him either).

Measure this against the US, where guys getting on their list - which started some time after the announcement - have started to get them, and also the "general sale" units that have been sold, and I cant believe even cliffs statement of % of units reflect % of orders. IMO, the original AFX/Ultra orders should have been satisfied before ANY AFX2 orders were fulfilled ANYWHERE in the world.

Yep - no Email for me.

Its also worth noticing that the guys getting these latest orders didnt even order a 2 !!!! While they have had a long long wait, and Im not complaining as such - but NOBODY in the EU who actually ordered a 2, even on the day the unit became public knowledge have had one yet (the exceptions being guys like yek - nothing against him either).

Measure this against the US, where guys getting on their list - which started some time after the announcement - have started to get them, and also the "general sale" units that have been sold, and I cant believe even cliffs statement of % of units reflect % of orders. IMO, the original AFX/Ultra orders should have been satisfied before ANY AFX2 orders were fulfilled ANYWHERE in the world.

I got notification from Sussi today. I ordered late March. Sounds encouraging but the usual caveats apply! She expects 2 weeks timeZ

G66 this morning

''Dear Future Axe-Fx II User,

After a production delay of several weeks due to supplier difficulties, Fractal Audio has once again begun shipping units. The next delivery will be reaching us this weekend, but unfortunately it will not include your unit.

The good news, however, is that assuming everything runs to plan and the next shipment will be a normal size shipment, your Axe-Fx II will be in the subsequent delivery in approximately two weeks’ time. We will inform you when we get the shipping date and exact quantity confirmed.

Thanks again for all your patience during the long wait!

Kind Regards

Sussi''

Well good news guys!I am happy with my ultra for now and i won't buy the II ...so ....G66 waiting list minus one person(ordered on february 24th)

Yep take advantage of moving up at least one place. Good luck to all those who are on the waiting list.

May be we should start a thread about amps you are buying because your that frustrated in waiting.

Heres what I've just ordered:

View attachment 7301 :evil

I also got a Diezel recently, a vh4. awesome amp.
11106533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom