The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Finally. Got this nice mail from Sussi today. Ordered on 4th january. Hope they will soon get enough for all of us..

Dear (almost) Axe-Fx II Owner,

Finally we have good news for you - our shipping company is picking up the next Axe-Fx II shipment tomorrow, which means that your Axe-Fx II will be delivered to us beginning of next week. We will get back to you soon with payment details.

Thanks again for all your patience during the long wait!

Kind Regards
Sussi

no mail for me either, ordered january 29th. if it's going to be another 2 months (nearly) as it was between this and the previous shipment... it'll be christmas/new year. oh well :)

no mail for me either, ordered january 29th. if it's going to be another 2 months (nearly) as it was between this and the previous shipment... it'll be christmas/new year. oh well :)
so I'd guess March 2012+ for me then....As there is still the rest of Jan and Feb to get through.

BUT, there was case delays. It should be more regular now. I say 2 weeks ;) or so I heard.

Last edited:
so I'd guess March 2012+ for me then....As there is still the rest of Jan and Feb to get through.

BUT, there was case delays. It should be more regular now. I say 2 weeks ;) or so I heard.

Not sure if I can be optimistic too. I really thought this time they'd manage to cover orders up to February at least... instead they can't even manage the whole January... So much for the flood gates opening :(

Not sure if I can be optimistic too. I really thought this time they'd manage to cover orders up to February at least... instead they can't even manage the whole January... So much for the flood gates opening :(
When "they" said flood gates they meant the waterworks :'( haha.

I've quizzed them about timing, deliveries will be faster because there is no delays at Fractal.
If the delivery is of similar size I should get mine. Forever hopeful.haha

So January - November. Once again a 10 - 11 month turnaround. At least people know what to expect as time and time again I've seen this to be the average order to delivery window for others ( and myself ).
Congrats to those who got the mail, you're gonna love it ;)

When they said flood gates, they meant for the US only.
For us it's still trickling.

I agree 100%. But the problem is it seems to make people ( including myself ) very unpopular for raising this point. The truth is it'll be 2012 very soon and the EU backlog has only just cleared the 2010 list. For an official supplier it raises good questions - especially given how many EU / UK owners got one so quickly direct from the US. It's absolutely worth the wait and the money but why it's 11 months ( average ) in the EU is going to raise a few eyebrows. It shouldnt be a case of " put up or shut up " and would be nice to see more of a balance in the distribution ( not just EU, but Australia and Canada and everywhere else too ! ). As for G66.EU themselves I have nothing but praise. They've been nothing but polite and helpful, sadly they can only sell what gets sent to them.

So much for the "late october, but possibly Nov" Sussi said not 4 weeks ago. :(

AS I have to sell my standard - and thats not going to happen at Christmas time, I guess I will have to say no to a late Nov/early Dec shipment as well !!! I am SERIOUSLY considering just keeping my Standard, and getting a real amp instead of the AFX2. Really quite taken with the Mesa Grand Atlantic.

Paul do it, i'm in the same boat, not even looking at the II, but looking a lot at old real amps, my ultra sounds ace, the truth is to sell now i'd take a hit on it, for the extra £800 i'd have to put into a II i can buy : a Rockerverb 50, a 70 s JMP, an original JCM800, a Rectoverb, the list goes on.....for now my Ultra is staying and any spending i do will be on a head

So much for the "late october, but possibly Nov" Sussi said not 4 weeks ago. :(

AS I have to sell my standard - and thats not going to happen at Christmas time, I guess I will have to say no to a late Nov/early Dec shipment as well !!! I am SERIOUSLY considering just keeping my Standard, and getting a real amp instead of the AFX2. Really quite taken with the Mesa Grand Atlantic.

I got onto the list early May. I struggle with being patient just generally LOL - so I'm now off the list after a long consideration and after hearing advicd form you guys. At least someone will benefit by going up the list one place ;-)

I really do feel 'second class' the way Fractal has dealt with those outside the US and I have tried to remain objective as to the reasons why there are delays - but I cannot.

I've been a user of Diezel for some time and I know I can email Peter at any point and get an answer, I know I get an amazing warranty from Diezel and that I can get a darn good product via James (UK distributor) delivered to my door in days.

With all this in mind I'm about to pull the trigger on a Diezel Scmidt to join my Herbert II and I'll doubt I will give much attention to Fractal not now or in the future.

All the very best.

Same here.
I've got my eye on a ENGL Invader.
€1600 for a head & cab, almost new.
But I'll have to be quick about it.
So if I don't get any news soon....
Too bad but my son was hoping to get his hands on my Ultra.

I sold my Standard the same day I signed up for the II (May 9th) and still don't have anything I'd particularly enjoy playing with at home (tone-wise).. Now I'm playing with free vst amp sims at home and a Bugera head at practice. If getting the II is going to be months away still, I'd like to buy something to use now, but I just have enough money for the II and I don't dare spend it... Once I've gathered some extra money, the II should (lol) be arriving soon, so it wouldn't make sense getting anuthing anymore... which is what i've been thinking all along and so haven't gotten anything yet :D

Not blaming anyone for making my sell my standard, that was my call, but at the moment I was estimating ~3 months to get the II. I guess you just have to experience these lead times untill you believe them.

I can live with delays as long they are the same all over the world.
But we are being treated a second rate customers.
And the wonderful people at G66 are losing customers.

Back
Top Bottom