The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Top and bottom is Fractal will do what makes the most business sense to them, knowing all the variables that people are not privy too..there is no such thing as "fair share" it is a business that will be run as any other business and will fail or succeed on the products and decisions made.

I must respectfully point out that, from your response, you don't seem to get the point.

None of us European (Asian, African, Australian, what have you) prospective buyers would be here discussing the issues if we didn't have an affinity for Fractal's business (read "were we not fanbois" :D) after all. In that respect, we are not here only to voice our frustration for not getting our toy in time, but also our concern about the (possible) problems arrising from the situation at hand.

My point is that, allienating potencial International customers, harms FAS business in the long run. And this is what's happening at this time, regardless of supply issues, etc. International customers are feeling frustrated and perhaps considering turning their backs to FAS altogether is not the best thing that could happen. The Axe-II is the absolute best in its class today, true, but this tells nothing of the needs, plans and commitments of a number of people.

BTW, on the mater of supplies, and since there has been a lot of BS talk about "americans deserving first bids on an american product" by a small amount of users: please tell me, what percentage of actual Axe-II parts is 100% made and/or designed in the US?

This is a global economy and, from almost the start, FAS gave the impression that it plans to do business in a global scale. You and some others, perhaps unintentionally, seem to speak for Cliff when you make assumptions about his business model and marketing variables.

Until Cliffs comes out and declares clearly that his main interest is the US market and that the International market is treated as an intentionally "second class" endeavor, we are entitled to our opinion that the current situation is problematic.

I'm in no way legal minded or trained, but it could be an interesting legal argument given that the EU's Consumer Rights are a lot more strict it seems than the US's.

G66 as official European representitives of FAS could find themselve's legally obliged to honour the warranty on a legally imported/duty paid item if proper documentation can be produced?

I'm no expert on this matter but I believe this to be correct and I don't even think 'legally imported/duty paid' makes any difference!
Customs might still want to collect with interest,extra costs and a fine added on if they find out about a unit that was not legally imported though.

S.R.

I'm no expert on this matter but I believe this to be correct and I don't even think 'legally imported/duty paid' makes any difference!
Customs might still want to collect with interest,extra costs and a fine added on if they find out about a unit that was not legally imported though.

S.R.

Customs will want to collect with interest,extra costs and a fine added on if they find out about a unit that was not legally imported though.

They'll clobber you for court costs too.

I was one of the unlucky few who didnt get chocs with my Standard :( . Maybe the chocs were for Ultra orders only at that time.

Nope, has absolutely nothing to do with standard versus ultra. I did not get any chocolates with my ultra.
I don't really care about the chocolates but I do find it annoying when people keep telling on the forum that you'd get chocolates with your unit when quite a few people did NOT get them.
Be happy if you did get them but don't pretend this is the same for every G66 customer as standard part of their service.

S.R.

Well I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe Sussi has just has her favourites? lol

BTW I won't be sending my AF2 back if it doesn't come with chocolates. Sussi and Jacques have been fabulous through this period so I won't add to the grief they are already getting.

I was one of the unlucky few who didnt get chocs with my Standard :( . Maybe the chocs were for Ultra orders only at that time.

I think that was due to the very hot weather at that time. I was happy to get my Ultra after more than 10 months of wait, but really missed the chocolate; it's kind of first aid when you sit in front of the new gadget and the head is on the edge of exploding ;)

BTW, no blaming from me on Cliff, as I'm still unsure if I should upgrade - gives me more time to raise money and make up my mind until G66 finally sends out the magic email.
But on the other hand, it's really history repeating: just like three years ago, the G66 supply is only trickling from the US to Europe, while most units are sold in North America.
An at least mild feeling of disappointment from those in EU, waiting in line for several months without any kind of Axe-Fx, is perfectly understandable.

I must respectfully point out that, from your response, you don't seem to get the point.

None of us European (Asian, African, Australian, what have you) prospective buyers would be here discussing the issues if we didn't have an affinity for Fractal's business (read "were we not fanbois" :D) after all. In that respect, we are not here only to voice our frustration for not getting our toy in time, but also our concern about the (possible) problems arrising from the situation at hand.

My point is that, allienating potencial International customers, harms FAS business in the long run. And this is what's happening at this time, regardless of supply issues, etc. International customers are feeling frustrated and perhaps considering turning their backs to FAS altogether is not the best thing that could happen. The Axe-II is the absolute best in its class today, true, but this tells nothing of the needs, plans and commitments of a number of people.

BTW, on the mater of supplies, and since there has been a lot of BS talk about "americans deserving first bids on an american product" by a small amount of users: please tell me, what percentage of actual Axe-II parts is 100% made and/or designed in the US?

This is a global economy and, from almost the start, FAS gave the impression that it plans to do business in a global scale. You and some others, perhaps unintentionally, seem to speak for Cliff when you make assumptions about his business model and marketing variables.

Until Cliffs comes out and declares clearly that his main interest is the US market and that the International market is treated as an intentionally "second class" endeavor, we are entitled to our opinion that the current situation is problematic.

well said. you summed it up!

Heads up guys.
Am not sure why but I was invoiced €3,027.00 EU ( Axe II, MFC 101, 6m Cable ) which according to XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site is :

3,027.00 EUR = 2,649.22 GBP
Euro British Pound
1 EUR = 0.875197 GBP 1 GBP = 1.14260 EUR

So I logged into paypal and paid the €3,027.00 EU and it said this :

Total €3,027.00 EUR
Payment €3,027.00 EUR
From amount £2.724,43 GBP
To amount €3,027.00 EUR

So I guess paypal thinks it's funny to charge £54 for this transaction ? ( ouch ! )
Am glad I'll only have to do this once, just giving you a heads up so you dont come up short when you're number's up !

Unfortunately this is always the way it works for exchange rates XE use the commercial rates....then the companies that do the transactions can have their own rates.

Sometimes it can work out better to use your credit card and pay / send money in the foreign currency as you card may have a better exchange rate.

It changes all the time, last time I did it credit card was better.... Time before that PayPal rate was better.

It is a PITA though... I agree.

Thank you for agreeing.

You see, anything can be sorted by applying a bit of British common sense. We are always ready to help.
Yea your right, looks like you guys always are. Symbolically, this is the part where Kevin Kline has John Clease hanging upside down from a building. BTW the first part of that post was "sarcasm" its ok you didn't catch it. Also it might be a good idea to brush up on your geography, and maybe a little biology.

Last edited:
Heads up guys.
Am not sure why but I was invoiced €3,027.00 EU ( Axe II, MFC 101, 6m Cable ) which according to XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site is :

3,027.00 EUR = 2,649.22 GBP
Euro British Pound
1 EUR = 0.875197 GBP 1 GBP = 1.14260 EUR

So I logged into paypal and paid the €3,027.00 EU and it said this :

Total €3,027.00 EUR
Payment €3,027.00 EUR
From amount £2.724,43 GBP
To amount €3,027.00 EUR

So I guess paypal thinks it's funny to charge £54 for this transaction ? ( ouch ! )
Am glad I'll only have to do this once, just giving you a heads up so you dont come up short when you're number's up !

Paypal exchange rates are updated twice a day.
There's a 2,5% conversion fee for foreign currency transactions.That's the average most banks charge (depending on what type of payment card you have).

I was going to use paypal but decided I'd pay with the ol' Credit Card for the extra insurance and then just paid the card straight off.

Last edited:
Reading this thread I can only sympathise with the frustration and tension created with the lack of sustained supply to G66 but as I ordered my AF2/MFC101 with G66 on the 6th of June I'm expecting a long wait, which so far has only been hinted as September / October, I'm not over-the-moon with the wait but that's what I've bought into, so in the meantime I'm putting my time to good use.

This is what I've done :-
Sold my TC Electronics G-System Limited - check !
Sold my Line 6 Variax 700 - check !
Bought my Matrix GT800FX - check ! (and collected it personally from Andy at the Matrix factory) which just happens to be 20 miles from my home :)
Bought my Samson PB10 Pro power conditioner - check !
Bought 2 off Mesa Boogie 1x12 Thiele Cabs with EV12L's (originally ordered for a tour for "The Who" but put into storage for years)
Mounted GT800FX & Samson PB10 in my Shockmounted 4U rackmounted flight case

All ready to go :)

but on no account did I :-
Sell my current Rig - Line 6 Vetta combo w/ext cab - cause that would have been silly until the AF2 arrived
Sell my Mesa Studio Pre/ 295 Power amp setup - cause I wouldn't dream of it :)

So the wait is not frustrating me as I can still play / gig / teach, actually the wait seems to be adding to the excitement

Chill people, this is only a black box, it's not the end of the world (and better still I've not parted with any cash for the AF2 / MFC101 yet !)

Dont think you'll get a sniff of Chris's AFX2 Max. If he DOESNt like it - and wants his money back he'll sell it to Clarky (cos I wont have the full amount without selling my Standard). If he likes it - but doesnt think its worth the asking price to him, Ill bite his hand off and Px My standard with him so he still has an AFX to fit in with his Orange Rig - and Ill have an AFX2.

Ahh ... but maybe he'd like my Ultra and cash? ;)

(Only kidding - but if your name comes up for the AF2 soon and you already have acquired Chris's we could talk ....)

Last edited:
20 miles from Matrix?

Must be just down the road from me then... I'm near Bristol.

Hi there BadMelonFarmer :) (hope that's not your occupation lol !)

I'm just over the bridge, nearest town Blackwood near Newport

Yeah Matrix is near Raglan, not far away from us both :)

Hi there BadMelonFarmer :) (hope that's not your occupation lol !)

I'm just over the bridge, nearest town Blackwood near Newport

Yeah Matrix is near Raglan, not far away from us both :)

Small world!

Blackwood.....home of one of the Manics....from what I remember.

Small world!

Blackwood.....home of one of the Manics....from what I remember.

That is correct they went to my school too :)
not that I gained any musical prowess from being there nor did I gain anything from being in the same Art class as Jo Calzaghe :-D

Anyway this thread has gone a bit quiet...........

It'll be interesting to see if once the supply problem has sorted itself out what sort of a priority the 2010 list will have - only because in 3 months it'll be 2012 ! Wouldnt be much of a case to dismiss any bias if the G66 list was technically 2 years behind.
6 units to clear until the list is up to the Jan 2011 orders, here's hoping. I think the catalyst for this thread isnt so much about location but yes, priority. FAS waiting list and store aside, the TM and G66 waiting lists at least should be equally served.
I read in another thread there are 3,000 orders in the US ??? :eek:

Last edited:
Yea your right, looks like you guys always are. Symbolically, this is the part where Kevin Kline has John Clease hanging upside down from a building. BTW the first part of that post was "sarcasm" its ok you didn't catch it. Also it might be a good idea to brush up on your geography, and maybe a little biology.

What is sarcasm? And why do I need to brush up on my biology, has the Axe 2 some cool cybernetic link?

Back
Top Bottom