Hey Folks!

For the last year or so I've been trying to get as close as I can to this tone and I just can't seem to get it. The only real amps I've owned for the last 10 or so years have been an AC30 and Twin Reverb so the realm of this tone is a little out of my comfort zone. There's this percussiveness and clarity to it that is just drool-inducing to me.

The best and most isolated example I can find is a lesson/performance of a bunch of songs, here, here, and here.

His real-life chain, from what I can gather can be found here and here.

I'm attempting this tone with an Axe FX II Mk. II, latest firmware (Q8.X?) through a Friedman ASM-12/AudioTechnica ATH-M50x's, with a mahogany-bodied Jazzmaster, 25.5 scale, EMG 81/60, 10.5-56 strings, in D Standard/Drop C.

If needed, I can post what I've got later today, to see where I'm going wrong, but I've basically just taken the Petrucci Rhythm tone and switched out the AMP and CAB blocks to the CitrusRV50 and one of the Citrus 4x12's (or tone match via one of the videos above) and messed with the EQ/master... over and over and over.

I have higher quality videos on my Drive that I can share if too much fidelity is lost on YouTube. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom