The Edge

There is no other!

I've been following the Edge and U2 since my college days in 1982, when the War album came out. I first saw U2 at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto, during the ZooTV tour. I was completely blown away by what I saw...and heard. I took my first guitar lesson, 10 years ago, at the age of 41 because of Mr. Edge.

“Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them”
- Bob Dylan

It's only going to get worse now, the possibilities with the Axe-Fx are endless! :)

Same here Toopy - 47 now, got the guitar bug around 40 when I came across U2 Guitar Tutorials. Started going down the amp and pedal route and quickly realized the Axe was the only way to go in pursuit of Mr. Edge's tone. Now we have Quantum and The Edge is on the "official" list. Just a dream come true for us U2 fans and just another example what an incredible company FAS is. Congrats guys!
Thanks for this gift that keeps on giving!

That's awesome!
Happy to be part of the Fractal family, which such great endorsers ánd technical FAS staff who show themself on the forum here!
Congrats FAS Team!

Fantastic news !
As a hobby player, I am almost practising exclusively U2 songs.
I am far from being able to play all songs, but it is not the important things.
Important is to have fun playing guitar and the songs we like.
(some of my poor attempts are in my signature)

Fractal have no excuse now . We need a dedicated model of the special The Edge AC30 TB ;), and a special pack with his presets !
(A special offer including his own talent as guitar player will be appreciated, but I doubt that it will be easy to include in a packaging !:D)

And I take the opportunity to ask our administrator who have the chance to meet The Edge personally (chance that i will never have) to say hello for me to this great man.
Thanks a lot to him for for his music, his creativity. It is always a pleasure to listen music from U2, and of course from The Edge.
As I can not have the opportunity to see them playing live (prices and schedule), I just hope U2 will make a nice Bluray of the ongoing tour !!

Well mate - you've reached the peak.. Hope you are enjoying the moment :)
Congratulations - and we get to come on the ride - cool
thanks
Pauly

I know some of you "Fractal Spotters" have seen the green glow behind him for some time, but today we officially welcomed The Edge SNIP

artist-the-edge.567797d1ce7b92673a02c66a9be9caf73.jpg

Metallica and U2 among MANY other top bands/guitarrists in the world.
I'm pretty sure FAS is really proud of his black-box and his crew.

Congrats guys!

Matt I am sure most of us reading this thread are jealous, imagining what some of these sessions might be like hanging out and taking it all in with a veritable guitar sonic genius like the Edge. Way Cool.

Congrats FAS! It's been fun watching your progression and influence in the musical world since the Ultra days. Still the best musical purchase ever!

Good news. Can you tell us how he uses the Axe fx on his tours? What aspects of the Axe fx is he actually using? effects only? or also amp modelling? and does he combine the effects of the Axefx with his other 19" effects gear and pedals?

Good news. Can you tell us how he uses the Axe fx on his tours? What aspects of the Axe fx is he actually using? effects only? or also amp modelling? and does he combine the effects of the Axefx with his other 19" effects gear and pedals?

In this case I think it is best for the artist to be in control of these details, though I know that others have already stated publicly that he is using amp models. I am hoping that the European press will do some kind of interview or run down at the end of the tour so all of these questions can be answered for the world.

Back
Top Bottom