The Edge

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I know some of you "Fractal Spotters" have seen the green glow behind him for some time, but today we officially welcomed The Edge to the list of artists using our products. I've been working with him and his tech Dallas for several years. Our projects have spanned the album "Songs of Innocence," for which we received a thank you in the liner notes, the rig for the promo tour behind that record, the rig for U2's 2015 world tour, and more. We've even had some amazing "jams" where he'd play and I'd operate Axe-Edit. Most memorable may have been "Bullet the Blue Sky" at S.I.R. where we set up individual pan, reverb send, volume, and wah pedals (with the power amp literally on "ten"). Though there was also an epic filter sequence in Dublin once... and that time we listened together to the stems of New Year's Day... :) Anyway, here is definitely a guy who can give your sound design chops the ultimate workout. We at Fractal Audio Systems are proud of this day, of the work we've put in together with Edge and Dallas, and that we've become friends through the process. Here's looking forward to many more sessions, innovations, and inspirations together.

artist-the-edge.567797d1ce7b92673a02c66a9be9caf73.jpg

Perhaps more widely than any other guitarist in history, the Edge is known for his signature sound—a combination of musical elegance, an exquisite core tone, and innovative effects—especially echo. For him to trust this illustrious sonic asset to the Axe-Fx II expresses that it meets his exacting needs, but also demonstrates that this guitarist is a veritable force at the forefront of both music and technology. We're proud that he chose to be listed here. www.u2.com

Last edited:
There is no other!

I've been following the Edge and U2 since my college days in 1982, when the War album came out. I first saw U2 at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto, during the ZooTV tour. I was completely blown away by what I saw...and heard. I took my first guitar lesson, 10 years ago, at the age of 41 because of Mr. Edge.

“Everybody’s going to remember your songs, it’s just that nobody’s gonna be able to play them”
- Bob Dylan

It's only going to get worse now, the possibilities with the Axe-Fx are endless! :)

Awesomeness of the best kind. Glad to have him on board. That ought to convince a few effects buffs the AFX is the real deal!

Congrats to FAS for the well-deserved score, and congrats to the Edge for making a very wise gear decision.

Congratulations everyone...! It's really cool that a guy like M@ who programs the rig for Edge/U2 is also very much accessible via this forum to us 'much lesser known guys' (lol) to help you out. It doesn't get better then that...

Back
Top Bottom