'The Edge' Rig Rundown - Premier Guitar

That massive floorswitcher is amazing. I wonder if his tech can also switch for him from a board. When I see clips of some recent shows they are roaming th stage pretty good and he doesn’t seem tied to that switcher on stage.

Funny, He always refers the Celestion Blues as Jensens. He mentions it around 37:40 in this interview.
A few Past interviews he'll correct himself after saying it.
Yeah there are a lot of odd moments in there but still a cool rig rundown. Would have preferred a diff host that seemed to know a bit more of the gear but ah well.

That massive floorswitcher is amazing. I wonder if his tech can also switch for him from a board. When I see clips of some recent shows they are roaming th stage pretty good and he doesn’t seem tied to that switcher on stage.

Dallas has a duplicate controller in the ‘underworld’ that he’ll use to switch presets if Edge is off wondering around, On the I+E tour Dallas was pumping the pedal for the Elevation effect,

Would have preferred a diff host that seemed to know a bit more of the gear but ah well.

Not sure it would have mattered. Poor guy couldn’t get a word in Edge-wise. I think Dallas must have had a bucket of coffee before the interview.

Last edited:
I was going to start a thread about this but you guys beat me to it. So my opinions after going to sleep like at 1am watching this where... I should had gone to sleep earlier!!!!!!!!! I mean I like all they said about his guitars and amps but WTF only 10min of effects talk??? And no mention of what he does with his Fractals :mad::mad::mad:.

Leave it to that rig rundown guy to focus on stuff everyone knows already 100 times over. In his Devin T interview, he saw the evertune bridge and you would have thought he just saw a unicorn or bigfoot. uggh.

Remember this was intended for a more general audience, relatively speaking, as you have to be soemthing of a gear head to care about any of it lol. But obviously only FAS owners are going to care about how he sets his Axes, while far more people would be interested in the guitars, the amps etc.

FAS users make up like 1% or less of the market as a whole, so it wouldn’t make sense to spend a big chunk of the video focused on one specific product most people don’t own. It’s an awesome product and more should own one of course, but you get what I’m saying.

The thing with the AxeFX is that it makes a rig rundown useless. All the magic happens inside a single box. Unless the interviewer is scrutinizing the patches it's a matter of a few seconds mentioning the rack units and you're done.

Back
Top Bottom