WTB The Edge Artist Series Signature Stratocaster

Sold mine a few years back. The only thing special about the guitar is the pickup combination which you could put together yourself. Get 2 fat 50s and a FS1 and push the poles down.

I don’t believe the stock FS1 is wound the same. I tried one in my U.S. 70’s Strat and it sounded horrible with the switch in the bridge position…way too bright.
Many people wire one of the tone controls to the bridge pup or to include the bridge pup , solves the too bright issue no problem and for zero cost!

Many people wire one of the tone controls to the bridge pup or to include the bridge pup , solves the too bright issue no problem and for zero cost!
Did that as well. Still didn’t sound right. Either way, it certainly doesn’t hurt to experiment.

There’s an article I read years ago that talked about the FS-1 in Edge’s 73 Strat (the blackie) being under wound.

I own the Edge Strat and I like it a lot. The neck feels great and it sounds spot on. I have CS-69’s in my U.S. re-issue and those pickups sound really good too.

If that’s real, the guitar and case must have been shrink wrapped and stored in a salt mine. The neck shows no signs of aging at all. I had a 73 and that’s a legit case in those pics, but it’s unreal clean. Pic attached of my 73 that I sold just before Covid. I like the neck on my Edge strat better than the 73.

Attachments

• ABA34276-0723-4DAC-976C-6C49F462C33C.jpeg
    ABA34276-0723-4DAC-976C-6C49F462C33C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom