The Drive block is being "G3'd" for the next firmware release

I'd love to see a Klon Centaur added! I've offered mine to FAS if they want to add it for Drive block G3!

And they sound awesome now, if I do say so. And I've gone beyond the models. In addition to the existing clip types there is now a "Variable" clip type with an associated "Clip Shape" parameter. So you can take a Tube Screamer and make it soft and smooth or raspy and gnarly. IMHO, it makes the models sound better than the actual pedals in many cases.

And they sound awesome now, if I do say so. And I've gone beyond the models. In addition to the existing clip types there is now a "Variable" clip type with an associated "Clip Shape" parameter. So you can take a Tube Screamer and make it soft and smooth or raspy and gnarly. IMHO, it makes the models sound better than the actual pedals in many cases.

Hot damn! Things just got even better

Right on.

Clip shape? Is this kind of like tuning the diode/op amp/tube?

Yeah buddy! That's what I'm talking about! Since I love to alter the existing Fractal amps (FAS Modern is my main heavy jam), I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into the drive models and start tinkering with things to maybe finally get my "perfect storm" type of drive effect. Gonna' pee a little! WEEEEEEE!

This is beyond incredible !!! Cliff you ROCK!!!! Anxious !!!!!!

Thank you Cliff, hearing that makes me so thrilled, you're the best, along with your team of talented musicians and programmers.

Maybe the G3'd Drive Block will help with this ...

I very rarely use a Drive Block. I try to do everything with the AMP (Trim, Input Drive, Dynamics, Mster Vol, EQ, etc.) and use X/Y states to switch between solo and rhythm sections.
Though sometimes I've found that a Drive Block without or with minimal distortion and a higher output level will help the preamp/amp downstream get grittier and dirtier. Its a different kind of dirt that is my personal preference. Sill, I'm very interested to see how the G3'd Drive Blocks turn out. I might start using them more. I'm particularly fond of the Wah/Drive(/Phaser) sound on the Bad Love intro (Eric Calpton). I've kind-of got it close but its not perfect. Maybe the G3'd Drive Block will help with that.

This is very good news - thanks

+1 Can't wait to hear what these sound like now. I'll bet I can now achieve the exact sounds I'm looking for.

Thank you!

^This^

Well If Cliff, who seemed to not care much about pedals (if I recall it correctly - can´t back it up by any quote), says that they sound awesome, then I am really looking forward to the next firmware release.

I am pumped! :)

Thanks Cliff, you are awesome.

So let the countdown begin until we start to see the whining threads about "oh my god, the new FWXX with updated drive blocks totally changed my tone.... Fractal you *&(&)#'s, Now I need to spend 2 weeks dialing in ALL my tones that used a drive block again, thanks for nothing"

=)

Maybe putting it in a public beta first, would help stop the whining ....:roll
:apple::eek:range:

Back
Top Bottom