The DEFINITIVE Bogner 4x12 IR pack! New Ownhammer content!

That would probably Kill with the uber too

It does. City of Evil is one of my favorite distorted guitar album tones and on that they used an uber and one of these kinds of cabs. I was pretty much able to NAIL the sound of that album with the MDRN mixes in this library. Eventually, when I have time, I'm going to roll out a presets section on the site (not monetized, designed to help people get certain tones faster using the OH libraries), the "Evil City" one will be one if I'm able to get to that point. :)

is that not the UberCab?? 75 and v30 blended

Yes and no, it's an older "standard" cab retrofitted with the V30/T75 combination.

sounds insane Btw ,is it just one 412 or a bunch of Bogner cabs w. different speakers in the OH pack
as Kevin hinted at in another thread, there's gonna be a whole Bogner family available soon, as separate cabs. I've had the pleasure to beta drive some of the other cabs as well and they're equally great as the 4x12 Jon used here...

The layout of the new libraries, which are not going to be badged with anything, they are simply OwnHammer libraries, are going to be set up in a way somewhat like the V3 libraries were. Over this weekend I'll be doing work on the site, and when you go to the homepage you will be presented with a list of cabinets. Each cabinet will at least have the main dual speaker library, like this one that is already out, and like what Jon demonstrated here. In addition to that, there will be single speaker expansions for certain cabs (not necessarily for everything), and if there are any Artist or Multi-Speaker Cabinet Collections for that cab, they'll be in that cabinet's subcategory menu options as well. If a cab only has one library in the subcontainer, my site has logic to forward you straight to the only library in that box, so many of the cabinets will forward straight to a product directly off of the homepage.

VegaBaby is correct, this weekend the new content will debut primarily with 6 different Bogner cabs, all will have the primary dual speaker library, and one, the 4x12 will also have one additional speaker expansion, which you'll hear demo'd in the recordings subforum in a couple days. He was also correct about the unanimous quality standard. All of the new libraries are being presented because they are the best of the best, and have been painstakingly captured and squeezed for everything they've got in them. It may sound cliche, but if you give in, unless you are very centric to just one kind of tone you're gonna want them all. With Quantum and what is coming out here, it's a great time to be a someone of any persuasion, casual or professional, that can benefit from these tools.

Whenever I can get the kids to bed, I'll be able to finish up the website stuff for this library, and will post the link here for those that want to jump on it with both feet before I have the menu system rolled out for the site this weekend. :)

Last edited:
Looks like we were replying at the same time Justin, well said! I forgot to mention the reason behind the choices for the speakers in the main dual speaker library but you hit the nail on the head.

super cool stuff ,so when you say like the V3 libraries are you taking the cabs out of packs and going to do individual purchases?

Like here the Bogner line up 6 cabs buy all or any of them you choose .

getting the Dual Speakers option with each new library is such a simple yet super smart idea from Kevin as most companies these days ship their cabs with at least two selectable options of speakers as well. even vintage amps like Fender are mostly known to either have Jensens or CTSs in them. to get the most common options of speakers with a certain cab straight away is very cool and covers most ground a specific cab is usually known for...

super cool stuff ,so when you say like the V3 libraries are you taking the cabs out of packs and going to do individual purchases?

Like here the Bogner line up 6 cabs buy all or any of them you choose .

Correct, going back to the a la carte system. It would appear that is what is best for both myself and customers. If you don't want something in a package, you don't have to get it, just grab what you want, when you want, as you want.

getting the Dual Speakers option with each new library is such a simple yet super smart idea from Kevin as most companies these days ship their cabs with at least two selectable options of speakers as well. even vintage amps like Fender are mostly known to either have Jensens or CTSs in them. to get the most common options of speakers with a certain cab straight away is very cool and covers most ground a specific cab is usually known for...

Couldn't agree more! :)

The dual speaker libraries are a one-two punch of the most common or ideal options for that cab, then if in the midnight hour you want more, more, more from that same cab, that is what the single speaker expansions will be. Which, those are not going to be as insane as V3, just relevant speakers less spray-and-pray, choose-your-adventure experimentation.

This is just one 4x12. In the new OH series, every cab comes with two speakers. Typically, the stock speaker that came with the cabinet, as well as a second speaker that may also be found in that cab or one that compliments the original speaker. This makes for some really killer blends, and there are mixes for each speaker as well as mixes for both speakers blended.

Kevin is a speaker wizard, and he's been spot-on with every cab he's done so far.

Justin ,sorry if this has been asked before but on the OH site demo of your Mesa 412 that first tone is wicked sounding what IR and Fractal Amp is that one ?

Justin ,sorry if this has been asked before but on the OH site demo of your Mesa 412 that first tone is wicked sounding what IR and Fractal Amp is that one ?

That's actually one of Jon's clips test driving the JYC. He could probably tell you for sure what it is, but if I recall correctly, I think it's the HBE with with the BL SM7-LIVE IR. I pulled up the HBE with default settings, that IR, and set the low cut in the cab block to 80hz and it sounds pretty close with my Les Paul, so I'd start there and see if that gets you in the ballpark of where you want to be.

There is less information about the actual speakers than in V3. Like what T number the speaker has, how old it is, where it's made. How come?

There is less information about the actual speakers than in V3. Like what T number the speaker has, how old it is, where it's made. How come?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAx2OetvtyI&t=58s

You'll notice they even offer several versions of V30, with the impedance in the name, and pretty much every single other thing I did in V3. Of course though, this has never before been done... Free market capitalism and honesty don't necessarily go hand in hand. I see a lot of that these days unfortunately...

I know of several others making IR's that buy my content and most of what they do with it, if not all of what they do, is put it under analyzers to study it. In the end for the consumer it makes no difference as it sounds the way it sounds, and all that information from a functional standpoint is just fluff. Just like Fractal is having to be careful what they disclose to the public about their amp modeling because their competitors are watching them like a hawk trying to reverse engineer what they are doing so they can repackage it for themselves, unfortunately I am having the same issues and have been for some time.

There have been several major overhauls since V3 that will render a lot of expectations about a certain model no longer applicable, so I also don't want to encourage any preconceived notions about how something will sound based on how it may have in previous recording sessions.

Apologies to the tone geeks that eat up all that stuff, unfortunately in this climate I need to do my best to protect my interests and competitive advantages by keeping as much that doesn't need to be known unknown. :)

Fwiw, I'm also going to be replacing the images once I have time and the opportunity to either just remove the branded logos, or have a graphic artist friend of mine replace them with the OwnHammer name for a cab/speaker. Still going to be the real picture, but for example instead of that cabinet saying "Bogner" across the front, I want it to say "Bog-ST", or something. Who knows, maybe I'll copy IK right back and just have it say OwnHammer across the front. :lol

You guys should know that I honestly think that these new Ownhammer releases are the best IR's out there.
There are a couple of reasons for that.
Obviously they sound good and making selections is very easy.
The mic choices are very sweet.
I love the U70, 414 and m160 options in the coming packs along with the well known classics.
Kevin has also added some great new mic positions that the metal heads are going to love.
I've made another demo to demonstrate a new cab/speaker combo that will be released soon that is just perfect for metal.
I was also just playing with the Mesa 2x12 cab that will be coming out very soon (Kevin hasn't made a secret of that one).
This Cab is going to be so good.
I'm very proud of what Kevin has accomplished here and he deserves all the praise.
Can't wait to do more clips and to chat with you guys about these new cabs.

Last edited:
Great! I'd love to hear what IR's or combo's you are digging!
I think the mic and mix selections of these new releases are just perfect!

That clips sounds cracking, the guitar tones and overall mix are fantastic! Just out of interest, which IRs did you use? Did you add much/any eq outside the amp block or maybe high/low pass?

Back
Top Bottom