The Deadly Dual Amp Thread

For something gorgeous:

Use a analog stereo chorus in front of both amps.

In amp block (important!) set Amp 1 to input LEFT (not L+R/Stereo).

Set Amp 2 input to RIGHT.

Son’t worry about panning the amp block.

Then in Cab 1 behind Amp 1, pan all the cab IRs used hard left, AND the output (balance) hard left.

In Cab 2 behind Amp 2, pan all Cab IRs used hard right, and the out balance hard right.

Now, if you have a “go to” amp setting for each amps, you may see the combined sound is too hot/loud. Just lower each Cab 1 and Cab 2 level from 0db to -3db. Then balance the two amps using the Amp level.

Yields lovely stereo chorus over the two amps, preserved L/R for adding stereo delay after. To me it’s different than putting the chorus after the amp. Nice!
I just tried that out and yeah that sounds awesome.
Thank you so much!

I just tried that out and yeah that sounds awesome.
Thank you so much!
In real life once upon a time I had a pedal board with a stereo chorus (think it was Fulltone?) and ran it Stereo into a blackface Super Reverb 4x10 and a Pro Reverb 1x12 at South Austin Music on a Strat. Maybe the best clean chorus sound I ever played. Every note sounded amazing! That’s what gave me the idea here.

For something gorgeous:

Then in Cab 1 behind Amp 1, pan all the cab IRs used hard left, AND the output (balance) hard left.

In Cab 2 behind Amp 2, pan all Cab IRs used hard right, and the out balance hard right.

Now, if you have a “go to” amp setting for each amps, you may see the combined sound is too hot/loud. Just lower each Cab 1 and Cab 2 level from 0db to -3db. Then balance the two amps using the Amp level.

Yields lovely stereo chorus over the two amps, preserved L/R for adding stereo delay after. To me it’s different than putting the chorus after the amp. Nice!
I have the Live Gold pack. Do you know of any presets in that pack that are already setup like this?

Friedman HBE 2010 or Euro Red Modern or Uber or Spawn 2-3 into the basketweave 412 57, euro 412 121, and a far field 412. So crazy good, I don't need reverb. I like it for some things anyway.

For something gorgeous:

Thank you for sharing! I've been searching for a way to replicate Zakk Wylde's stereo rig where he uses the chorus in front of the amp, this will do what I'm looking for!

Back
Top Bottom